Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our collaborative and high performing team!
Reporting into the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant will have an impact on business decisions, through preparation of accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis. Our team has a strong focus on process improvement and this role will have a significant impact in driving efficiency in financial reporting and internal controls in a rapidly scaling organization.
The Finance team is a global Centre of Excellence and is a key business partner to other departments that service our 1,400+ customers. There will be many opportunities for the duties and role to scale as Loopio continues to grow.
What You'll Be Doing
- Preparation of monthly consolidation and owning month-end closing tasks
- Preparation of complex journal entries, through application of technical knowledge and professional judgment
- Preparation of sales tax returns and remittance to ensure timely compliance with local authorities
- Involvement in analysis and preparation of key reports and ad-hoc analysis
- Continually execute internal controls, identify areas for process improvement and strengthen the control environment
- Provide mentorship/coaching to junior team members through sharing of experiences and best practices
- Assist with ad-hoc projects across the Finance and the overall Corporate Services team
What You'll Bring to the Team
- 3-5 years experience in full cycle accounting, preferably in a SaaS or subscription revenue-based environment
- CPA designation (or equivalent)
- Experience with complex accounting issues
- Proficiency in Google G-suite products and advanced Excel skills
- Proven track record of proactive problem-solving from issue identification to resolution
- Experience providing coaching and mentorship within a team, we are a close knit team that values knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Experience with Netsuite is an asset
- Excellent communication skills to effectively and professionally correspond with customers, vendors and internal team members
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and a company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote-first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we've created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you've made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.