Senior People Partner (HR Business Partner) - Contract
People & HR
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
Loopio is looking for an experienced Senior People Partner (Senior HR Business Partner) to join our dynamic People Operations team, in a 13-month parental leave contract position. Loopio has scaled from 70 employees to over 300 people in the last five years, and our People Operations team has grown as well! Our People Operations team is a vital partner in all aspects of the business, and we are looking to add a contract Senior People Partner to support managers and employees, while one of our team members is on an extended leave.
This contract position will be eligible for the benefits, time off program, and competitive compensation that full-time employees receive The contract dates will be December 2023 to January 2025 (13 months).
You’ll report to the Director of People Operations and will help to challenge our ways of working by bringing new ideas and perspectives. As a Senior People Partner, your role will involve being a true partner to leaders in the business on all aspects of the employee journey. You will work collaboratively with fellow team members in People Ops, Talent Experience, and People Systems teams to deliver a world class employee experience for our employees (or ‘Loopers’, as we call them!) You will partner with leaders throughout the business within your client groups - from new managers to SVPs - to support them in engaging, developing and retaining our people. You’ll support on People projects to help build a world-class, inclusive, equitable remote workplace where Loopers love to work.
What You'll Be Doing
- Partner with managers on the employee lifecycle milestones: onboarding, performance management, employee relations, salary reviews, medical or parental leaves, promotions, and offboarding
- Collaborate with your colleagues in Talent Experience (our recruitment team) to ensure that we’re targeting and hiring the right candidates, both in the external job market and internally
- Work with your colleagues in the People Operations team to audit and continuously improve all internal processes and programs and in particular take a lead role on performance alignment, compensation, engagement surveys, and total rewards programs.
- Interpret compliance and legal requirements, across our jurisdictions (Ontario & BC in North America, the UK, and India) and contribute to policy development and maintenance internally
- Coach managers on handling performance and development conversations and act as their partner in developing their team members
- Manage complex employee relations issues, up to and including performing Workplace Investigations as necessary
- Experience supporting Sales/Go-to-Market Revenue teams in the capacity of an HR/People Ops Business Partner would be a strong asset.
- Support leaders on organizational development, restructuring initiatives, and internal communications plans
- Understand the work that the Loopio teams do. Eg. attend Sprint Reviews, get to know our product internally, apply curiosity about how we sell and our market, understand how we set goals and revenue targets.
- Work with the People Team and all Loopers to embed diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging into everything we do at Loopio. Contribute on initiatives under Loopio’s 3 Year DEIB Strategy
- Work closely with the leaders to ensure that their teams are engaged, developing and delivering the best results for the business
- As a senior member of the People Operations team, provide mentorship and share your HR expertise with other members of the team.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- Collaboration comes naturally to you; you understand that true success comes with working as a team
- 5+ years working in the People Operations/Human Resources field as a People Partner/ HR Business Partner, preferably in complex or high-growth organizations
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field is not required but would be an asset; additional HR certifications are a plus (eg. CHRP)
- Proven ability to think strategically, while also delivering on tactical and operational projects
- Passion for coaching and mentoring team members and leaders of all levels. Experience coaching first-time people managers an asset.
- Track record of being a business partner to managers and leaders across multiple functions (eg. Technical teams such as Engineering, Product, or Software Development teams. Go-To-Market teams such as Sales, Customer Experience, or Marketing teams).
- Proven ability to lead, interface, and maintain effective relationships with teams and employees across all levels of the organization
- Strong understanding of HR compliance: employment law, employment standards, and health & safety best practices
- Picks up HR tech stack quickly (at Loopio, we use BambooHR as our HRIS, along with other People platforms such as Lattice, Pave, Lessonly, Lever, G-Suite)
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and a company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote-first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we've created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you've made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.