Software Developer (U of T PEY Student Program) September 2023
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
Loopio is looking for a passionate and endlessly curious Software Developer to join our growing team! You will work cross-functionally across a team of innovative Engineers, Product Managers and Designers to deliver a world-class product to our users.
This opportunity is for a September 2023 start.
Curious to learn more about Loopio's student programs? Check out this article here!
What You'll Bring to the Team
- Currently a student enrolled at University in Toronto's Co-Op Program
- A strong understanding of how web applications work
- Can move seamlessly between front-end, back-end, middle-end… any “end” really
- You’re the type of developer that always has a “secret branch”
- Love creating processes and tools that help developers focus on quality
- A “get it done” attitude, but you understand the difference between smart shortcuts and shortcuts that keep phones buzzing all night
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the office or from home, whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and company-wide annual retreat (it’s virtual until we can meet in person again) to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we've created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you've made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.
See more open positions at Loopio
Something looks off?