Group Product Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
Loopio is looking for a Group Product Manager (GPM) to help lead a team of passionate and endlessly curious Product Managers (PMs). Reporting to the Director of Product, in this role you will balance individual contributions to product development with people management and development. In this role, your responsibilities will span three areas:
Coaching and Team Building: Coaching, staffing, career guidance, performance management, and resolving escalations
Product leadership: Evangelizing the product inside and outside Loopio, collaborating with Sales and CX, and contributing to the product strategy
Individual Contributor: hands-on execution of Product discovery, road mapping, delivery/shipping
What You'll Be Doing
- Coaching & Team Building:
- Support the professional development of your team by, setting clear expectations for performance, regular check-ins and supporting performance evaluations, salary reviews, and support performance management.
- You engage great candidates and clearly communicate why they’ll love working at Loopio. You hire members from diverse backgrounds and experiences and actively foster an inclusive team environment where everyone is heard and valued.
- Product Leadership:
- You communicate and triage process, product, and people issues with leadership and cross-functionally with other departments such as Sales and CX.
- You provide product & strategic leadership across an area of the product that may span one or more mission teams.
- Individual Contributor:
- In this hybrid Product Management role, you will be part of a mission team, iterating through the stages of the product development lifecycle using lean and agile development processes and data driven experiments.
- Maintain a rolling 6-month product roadmap that aligns with the team’s mission and product strategy.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- 5+ of Product Management experience working in an agile product development environment; 2+ years of leadership experience as a people manager.
- Experience either directly managing or indirectly influencing without authority.
- A track record of effective partnership with Design, Research and Engineering to frame and address opportunities and problems that deliver value to the business and to customers.
- An engaging speaker and a persuasive writer, you can communicate complex ideas with simplicity and can rally people behind your vision.
- An obsession with learning: you’ve read the books, taken courses, and are hungry for the latest research about what it takes to develop and maintain a world-class B2B SaaS platform.
- Experience in a high-growth, agile software development environment
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and a company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote-first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we've created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you've made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.
See more open positions at Loopio
Something looks off?