Mechanical Designer - Structure
Innovative manufacturer of zero emission vehicles
Leader in transportation electrification in North America
Every day, in our own way, we contribute to the improvement of our environment and our society.
Come design the future with us!
Why join our team?
- You will work in a stimulating and constantly evolving environment (no risk of getting bored with us)!
- We simply understand. Your family and your health come first!
- Your schedule is flexible and we trust you!
- We have insurance (Concrete) and a great employee assistance program!
- There are no limits to your career potential at Lion!
What is the role?
Under the supervision of the Section Manager - Structure, the Mechanical Designer - Structure will be responsible for the 3D design and integration of parts and components of the vehicle structure. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, he/she will work in close collaboration with numerous teammates to find innovative solutions in order to develop innovative and high-performance vehicles.
In your daily work, you will have among other things to:
- Produce 3D and 2D models for various prototyping development projects;
- Management of BOM and eBOM;
- Creation of assembly drawings and support of assembly instruction drawings;
- Participate in technical reviews and design concepts;
- Conduct component research;
- Collaborate in technical analysis;
- Perform technical validation of incoming parts;
- Support the production and quality departments;
- Answer technical questions;
- Provide assistance in the research of parts;
- Dimensional analysis skills - GD&T.
What you need to succeed in this position:
- Mastery of a 3D CAD program (Catia V5);
- Knowledge of folded sheet metal and mechanically welded structures;
- Knowledge of MS Office and MS 365;
- Bilingualism (French and English) - Asset ;
- Knowledge of various material forming techniques - Asset.
- High Analytical Ability;
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work in a team ;
- Ability to problem solve in an analytical, analytical, methodical and proactive manner; and;
- Ability to prioritize;
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Skills and Attitudes:
- Demonstrate autonomy;
- Demonstrate thoroughness;
- Be meticulous.
- DEC in mechanical engineering or other similar field.
- 5 years experience as a mechanical designer;
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience in automotive or transportation mechanics - Asset.
- The position is on site, 3 days a week in Mirabel
Something looks off?