Software Developer - V&V
Innovative manufacturer of zero emission vehicles
Leader in transportation electrification in North America
Every day, in our own way, we contribute to the improvement of our environment and our society.
Come design the future with us!
Why join our team?
- You will work in a stimulating and constantly evolving environment (no risk of getting bored with us)!
- We simply understand. Your family and your health come first!
- Your schedule is flexible and we trust you!
- We have insurance (Concrete) and a great employee assistance program!
- There are no limits to your career potential at Lion!
What is the role?
We are recruiting for a Software Developer or Engineer for our Mirabel location. You will join our Advanced Engineering team and participate in the implementation of all aspects of embedded software validation and verification (test bench simulation of subsystems, CI/CD cycle, etc.) on our various vehicle platforms developed and under development.
In your daily work, you will have to:
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of the test environment (hardware and software configuration, CI/CD infrastructure, documentation, scenarios and various reports).
- Participate in the development of test resources (technology watch, component selection, vehicle subsystem simulation, test infrastructure, installation and operation).
- Develop and maintain automated test suites in line with technical and functional requirements, execute assisted tests, analyze results.
- Analyze, document software anomalies and ensure follow-up.
- Write validation files.
- Validate technical and functional requirements.
- Ensure the traceability of the tests in relation to the technical and functional requirements.
- Follow up on assigned tasks and test schedules.
- Direct interaction with the software development team.
- Support project progress meetings.
What you need to succeed in this position:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or computer engineering,
- 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Successful experience in the field of software validation
- Fluency in French and English.
- You are rigorous and autonomous in your daily work.
- Your colleagues appreciate your interpersonal skills.
- You are technically curious and able to make proposals.
- General knowledge in embedded systems engineering.
- Mastery of the programming language: C#, advantage: C/C++, Python.
- Knowledge of software tools: git, Visual Studio, JIRA.
- Knowledge of CAN communication protocols (J1939, CANopen, etc) and analysis and simulation software (Vector CANoe/CANalyser suite, Kvaser or similar including automated test modules).
- Knowledge of the Mathworks suite (Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow).
- Knowledge and efficiency on Microsoft Office 365, Sharepoint, Teams platforms.
- Understanding of functional safety concepts and automotive quality standards:
- (ASIL, A-SPICE, ISO-26262 and their variations).
- Member of the Quebec Order of Engineers.
- Knowledge of the automotive manufacturing field.
- Mechanical, electrical or electronic skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge of computer-aided design and drawing software.
- Knowledge of serial communication protocols (RS232, RS485, J1708, etc).
We can't wait to talk to you!
Something looks off?