Mechanical Technical Lead - Service Engineering
Innovative manufacturer of zero emission vehicles
Leader in transportation electrification in North America
Every day, in our own way, we contribute to the improvement of our environment and our society.
Come design the future with us!
Why join our team ?
- You will work in a stimulating and constantly evolving environment (no risk of getting bored with us)!
- We simply understand. Your family and your health come first!
- Your schedule is flexible and we trust you!
- We are very open to telecommuting - we know it works!
- We have insurance (Concrete) and a great employee assistance program!
- There are no limits to your career potential at Lion!
The Technical Lead in Mechanical Engineering is responsible for providing technical leadership to the service engineering team through the investigation and resolution of customer vehicle failures, reliability issues, and the development of aftermarket options for our customers. He is central to all phases of the project, starting with the problem definition and ending with the implementation strategy of the solution at the customer's site. He acts as a coach and mentor for the team and provides outstanding support to his teammates.
In your day-to-day work, you will be responsible for :
- Technical follow-up of the mechanical engineers of the service engineering team and support in their activities ;
- Determine the technical requirements of projects and define the work in preparation for execution by the team ;
- Guide the team through the development/investigation process milestones and ensure the quality and effectiveness of proposed solutions ;
- Guide the team through the analysis of issues raised on customer vehicles ;
- Represent the Service Engineering team in the approval process of service bulletins and vehicle recalls ;
- Provide technical governance, decision making, problem solving, coordination and other related tasks to meet the Service Engineering team's quality and schedule objectives ;
- Collaborate with the various design teams within the company on customer and vehicle reliability issues ;
- Ensure the production release of vehicle improvement and maintenance solutions ;
- Implement design methodologies and integrate them into the company's design tools ;
- Participate in the technical training and development of the service engineering team.
If you've made it this far in our description, it's because it speaks to you! Let's continue...
What you need to succeed in this position :
- Mastery of mechanical engineering principles ;
- Knowledge of heavy vehicle systems ;
- Bilingualism essential (French, English) ;
- Mastery of tools, MS Office Suite ;
- Mastery of FEA analysis, an asset ;
- Mastery of a 3D CAD program (SolidWorks and Catia V5) is an asset ;
- Mastery of a PDM/PLM system, 3DExperience is an asset.
- Excellent mentoring skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Structured work methodology;
- Strong planning and organization skills;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once;
- Ability to communicate effectively and build a collaborative network with external teams.
Aptitudes and Attitudes
- Ability to lead a team and make decisions when the situation requires it;
- Ability to work with related departments;
- Ability to work with related departments; Natural communication skills that foster positive relationships;
- Demonstrate autonomy and proactivity;
- Demonstrate good analytical skills.
Education and experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field ;
- 10 years of experience in mechanical engineering ;
- 1-3 years experience as a technical leader of an engineering team;
We can't wait to talk to you !
Something looks off?