Senior Full-Stack Developer (RoR/REACT)
Lexop is looking for an experienced Full-Stack (REACT FE / RoR BE) developer — open to remote work within Canada.
Lexop’s mission is to help people pay their past-due bills easily. In fact, we want to be the number-one recovery experience for businesses and their customers around the world.
WHO WE ARE
We believe that it’s essential to work in an inclusive company with people that you trust and who trust you. We don’t micromanage because we know you’ll deliver your best work unhindered. We are a diverse, funny, and ambitious team. Our mission is to help consumers all around the world pay their past-due bills - and with Covid, this mission has become more important than ever.
We believe that having access to the leadership team fosters professional growth and ensures individual as well as company-wide success.
We believe in proximity and continuous peer interactions. This means that by joining Lexop, you get to participate in weekly happy hours, monthly events, and quarterly all-hands meetings where we share news about all aspects of the company. You'll find out very quickly that culture trickles down from the top.
Every “Lexoper” benefits from a wide array of perks and benefits. Besides flexible hours, we also offer :
- A minimum of 5 (3+2) weeks of vacation.
- Fridays off during summer.
- $2,500 every year on professional development and continuing education.
- Comprehensive health insurance.
- Bi-annual bonus.
- Stock options.
Lexopers living in the vicinity of Montreal also benefit from a hybrid workplace. They get a yearly allowance for their commute to the office, a fully stocked kitchen, and many fun activities on-premise. Our modern and spacious offices in Montreal’s Old Port foster plenty of opportunities to bond during different social events and fun team-building activities.
Lexopers residing beyond a 250km radius of Montreal receive a yearly budget for their home workstation. They come to the Montreal office at least once a year for a few days with paid expenses.
Under the Director of Software Development, you'll have the opportunity to put your Ruby and REACT skills to the test, on a mission to help humanize an archaic process, in collaboration with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Product Designer and all the developers.
- Contribute to sprint planning and participate in peer reviews
- Work closely with the designer to ensure expectations are both reasonable and met
- Assess technical solutions by participating in feasibility studies and the technical exploration
- Develop and maintain the product's functionalities creating design and code that complies with development best practices: robustness, security, readability, performance, maintainability and upgradability
- Participate in best-practices improvement, particularly within the organization's SDLC.
- Be accountable for your contribution to the company's objectives
- Focus on maintainability, flexibility and scalability (and lots of other fun core values)
- As a Senior in your role, mentor best practices and a growth mindset with your peers
How will your time be spent throughout a typical week?
- Sprint planning and technical exploration: 10%
- New and incremental user value development: 60%
- Continuous improvement and debt refactoring: 20%
- Workflow and operations support: 10%
- A firm and demonstrable grasp of Rails 6.0+
- A firm and demonstrable grasp of Ruby 2.7+
- A firm and demonstrable grasp of REACTjs
- Contribute to agile software development planning and participate in peer reviews
- 6+ years of experience
- Performance analysis and optimization (database, process execution ...)
- Payment gateway integrations
- UX and design expertise
- Application monitoring
- Experience with cloud infrastructure
- Versed in CI/CD & DevOps concepts
People say, "work hard, play hard." At Lexop, we believe in "work smart, live well.".
If this speaks to you, you need only to apply.