LeddarTech’s mission is to improve safety and quality of life for travelers, commuters, workers, and mobility industry professionals by enabling applications that reduce traffic congestion, minimize the risk of road accidents, and improve the overall efficiency of road transport. Our values set the roadmap for what we stand for, and are at the core of everything we do.
- We wish to contribute to society by improving mobility and quality of life.
- We create wealth through innovation, unique Intellectual Property and expertise that meet market needs and customer expectations.
- We engage in win-win partnerships to accelerate technology deployment and adoption.
- We are committed to our success, and we are willing to surpass ourselves to reach our goals.
- We recognize our team’s talent, expertise, professionalism, and creativity as an integral part of our success.
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Overview: We are seeking a Financial Controller with a background in publicly traded companies to oversee and manage financial operations. The ideal candidate will be responsible for participating in accounting operations, preparing consolidated financial statements, coordinating audits, implementing accounting software, and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards. The role requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to provide strategic financial guidance.
- Participate in accounting operations (90%), ensuring accuracy and compliance with closing schedules and established processes.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS standards.
- Coordinate monthly account analysis, aligning with reporting needs and providing insights into budget variances.
- Support the Director of Accounting in preparing the year-end file, coordinating audits with external auditors, and producing internal and external financial statements.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and optimization of financial management policies, procedures, and controls.
- Participate in budgeting processes and follow-ups, analyzing budget variances and proposing improvements.
- Provide essential information to the Director of Accounting for informed decision-making.
- Analyze current accounting activities, propose improvements, and advise the Director of Accounting on financial issues and risks.
- Participate in and verify R&D tax credit filings and ensure compliance with all relevant financial regulations and other filings
- Contribute to the completion of assigned projects and tasks, including participation in the payroll process (Canadian and international payroll).
- Supervise, manage and lead the work of employees under their supervision.
- Define, design, and implement internal controls across the organization and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures..
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- CPA designation is mandatory.
- Experience in a publicly traded company is essential.
- Past experience in implementing new accounting software.
- Experience with Genius Accounting software will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Bilingual proficiency in both French and English (spoken and written).
- Effective communication and leadership abilities
- Hybrid work environment
- Medical and dental coverage
- Retirement savings plan (RSP)
- Reimbursement of Annual CPA dues
- Reimbursement of continuous improvement skills and courses.
Your LeddarTech Environment
- Flexibility: Many positions in the organization allow for flexible and hybrid work hours.
- Collaboration: As a lean organization, everyone’s input matters. You will have the opportunity to influence our technology roadmap and contribute to our common success.
- A Thriving Work Environment: Our offices are modern and be assured you will never have a boring day here.
- The Right Tools Provided: Regardless of your position, we will outfit you with all the tools you need to be successful.
- Investment in Learning: Opportunities to attend seminars, trainings, and conferences to enhance your skills.
#Envision the Road Ahead!