Director of Information Technology
LeddarTech’s mission is to improve safety and quality of life for travelers, commuters, workers, and mobility industry professionals by enabling applications that reduce traffic congestion, minimize the risk of road accidents, and improve the overall efficiency of road transport. Our values set the roadmap for what we stand for, and are at the core of everything we do.
- We wish to contribute to society by improving mobility and quality of life.
- We create wealth through innovation, unique Intellectual Property and expertise that meet market needs and customer expectations.
- We engage in win-win partnerships to accelerate technology deployment and adoption.
- We are committed to our success, and we are willing to surpass ourselves to reach our goals.
- We recognize our team’s talent, expertise, professionalism, and creativity as an integral part of our success.
In an emergent industry and a rapidly growing environment, the director will guide a team of 9 professionals through the conception and selection of tools to support the environmental detection software solutions created by our engineering team.
Oversee IT Infrastructure (30%)
- Standardize and implement our business processes and solutions with an international outlook to improve organizational efficiency and capitalize on the inherent synergies in business processes and technology use
- Deploy a robust, secure international technology infrastructure to ensure IT business solution availability and efficacy
- Design and implement IT infrastructure capable of meeting the company’s growth and availability objectives, including Cloud options
- Advise and suggest solutions then participate in developing the recommended solutions
- Support ERP system use (Updates and BI)
- Monitor and adjust data storage needs
- Guarantee cybersecurity by conducting regular internal and external audits, providing training, raising awareness and setting up/maintaining security governance
Execute IT Strategy (40%)
- Write and update documentation, including IT department ISO procedures
- Ensure application of IT department policies
- Analyze operating anomalies and security issues and provide solutions to resolve them
- Ensure maximum availability of company infrastructure and applications
- Define network performance dashboards
- Oversee testing of solutions under consideration to meet the company’s future IT needs
Manage IT Department Employees (20%)
- Fill open positions in your department
- Set IT team member performance objectives
- Manage periodic reviews and check-in meetings with employees in your department
- Support skill development for your team members
Manage IT Purchases and Contracts (10%)
- Select the company’s IT solution suppliers
- Track and document software inventory in order to coordinate annual license renewals
- Set and track the IT budget and make purchases in collaboration with the purchasing department
The ideal person for this job will have
- Undergraduate IT degree or DEC (diploma of college studies) equivalent + 20 years of progressive IT experience
- 15 years of experience with similar responsibilities as head of an IT department at a rapidly growing international organization
- Experience designing network infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience building teams and managing employees
- Focused on the internal clients you serve
- Ability to explain complex ideas to a varied audience
- Ability to maintain good relationships in a multicultural context
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
- Organized, taking a structured approach to proposing and implementing suggestions
- Meticulous, solution-focused follow-up
- Extraordinary ability to adapt in the context of rapid company growth
- Results-oriented and outstanding ability to navigate ambiguity and make complex decisions with limited information
- Skilled in problem analysis and diagnostics
Your LeddarTech Environment
- Flexibility: Many positions in the organization allow for flexible work hours.
- Collaboration: As a lean organization, everyone’s input matters. You will have the opportunity to influence our technology roadmap and contribute to our common success.
- A Thriving Work Environment: Our offices are modern and be assured you will never have a boring day here.
- The Right Tools Provided: Regardless of your position, we will outfit you with all the tools you need to be successful.
- Investment in Learning: Opportunities to attend seminars, trainings, and conferences to enhance your skills.
#Envision the Road Ahead!
Something looks off?