Senior Security Engineer (Security Operations)
League’s security engineering teams are responsible for scaling security in the development lifecycle and managing security incident management. We believe in security by design and follow a paved road philosophy by building or buying tools that we can integrate into our platform to ultimately make it easier for our engineers to do the right thing. Security is everyone’s responsibility, but security engineering is how we make it possible for engineers to ship high quality code to production several times per day with security baked in.
We are accepting applicants who have existing software engineering experience and want to explore security and applicants who may have done a security program in a post-secondary institution. There are people across the engineering organization who are ready to help grow technical skills and who want to learn more about security.
In this role, you will:
- Actively improve the security of applications, infrastructure and cloud that support business goals
- Conduct security reviews and provide recommendations that are inline with League’s security best practices
- Perform security reviews on 3rd party vendors which will process and store League customer data
- Work together with senior technical leaders in security, platform and product functions to drive security into their tools and processes
- Build training materials and documentation on secure coding best practices and common vulnerabilities
- Triage and resolve security vulnerabilities with help from other engineering teams
- Perform security assessments using automated scanners and manually through tool assisted means
- Participate in the security incident on-call rotation
- Bachelor of Science degree (BS) in Computer Science (or a related field)
- Good knowledge of common system and application vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Direct and recent working experience with at least two of the following compliance programs: ISO 27001, SOC 2, HIPAA or HITRUST
- You have a degree in a security, computer science or software engineering from a reputable post-secondary institution
- You have exposure to application or cloud security and secure coding best practices
- You understand how web and mobile applications are built
- You are able to write code in Python or similar higher level language
- Compliance with Information Security Policies
- Compliance with League’s secure coding practice
- Responsibility and accountability for executing League's policies and procedures
- Notification of HR, Legal, Compliance & Security of any incidents, breaches or policy violations
USA APPLICANTS ONLY: The US-specific compensation range below for this full-time position is exclusive of bonus, equity and benefits. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for base salaries for the position across all US locations. Where in the band you may land is determined by job-related skills/experience and location. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your application.
- A recruiter (not a computer) reviews all applications at League.
- If we see alignment with League's needs, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your goals. The recruiter will also share the team-specific interview process depending on the roles you are exploring.
- The final step is an offer, which we hope you will accept!
- Prior to joining us, we conduct reference and background checks. Additional checks could be required for US Candidates, depending on the role you are exploring.
- Learn about our platform, leadership team and partners
- Highmark Health, Google Cloud, League: new digital front door to seamless care
- Former Providence President and Workday EVP of Corporate Strategy join League Board of Directors
- League raises $95 million USD in Series C to build world’s leading healthcare CX platform
- Forbes x League: The Platformization Of Healthcare Is Here
- Fast Company x League: If we want better innovations in healthtech, we need more competition
Recognize and Avoid Employment scams. Practice safe job searching.Scammers are getting craftier and leveraging fake job postings to get personal information. Know the warning signs and protect yourself from scammers. Learn more here.