Lead Product Designer, Design Systems - Remote
We’re hiring a Lead Designer to join League and help drive the vision, strategy, roadmap, build and implementation of our Design System, Genesis.
We are looking for someone who embraces a systems mindset, capable of building and integrating consistent and effective components across our product portfolio. Your focus will be on the complete systems life-cycle, starting from establishing a practice and long-lasting vision to designing, building, documenting, and maintaining a library used by multiple product teams and clients.
With a strong emphasis on accessibility and inclusion, you will collaborate closely with our engineering partners to develop a design system that supports the diverse range of uses within League’s platform. You will take the lead in creating and implementing resources, tools, and documentation that support the design system. Building and nurturing cross-functional relationships throughout the company will be essential, as you actively advocate for the adoption and usage of the system.
As the Design Lead, you will provide design leadership and guidance to teams, helping them leverage shared patterns and identifying opportunities to create new patterns and components within their respective workstreams. You should be experienced in contributing to lower-level decision making, shaping broader strategies, and recognizing when narrower efforts may conflict with or divert from overarching goals.
If you have a passion for design systems, a strong understanding of accessibility principles, and the ability to lead and collaborate effectively across teams, we would love to hear from you.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of League’s Design System Figma libraries.
- Continuously conduct end-to-end audits of our UI, visuals and design system, come up with designs to solve for discrepancies and push the visual design system forward.
- Draft clear, concise but comprehensive documentation for the system and its components to drive understanding and alignment across teams.
- Maintain and improve a contribution model to streamline the process of multiple autonomous product teams building components for one-off use cases, moving to systematized items.
- Come to Design Reviews and provide design leadership and guidance to teams around using shared patterns, and identify opportunities on how to improve their designs to better support or evolve towards the design system.
- Present the system’s mission, library, and process to other groups, including leadership, product managers and other design and development teams throughout the company.
- Scope projects and collaborate on the overall team product roadmap.
- Report team and system progress regularly to key stakeholders and the rest of the organization.
- 6+ years of Product Design experience
- 2+ years experience creating and managing design systems, with proven understanding of how to build, architect, and evangelize design systems
- Very strong experience using Figma, leveraging the tool to create complex components and build easy-to-use shared libraries for the larger design team
- Have a deep understanding of interaction design, heuristics, Gestalt principles, usability, and accessibility best practices
- Obsessive attention to detail and strong visual design skills, with an ability communicate the difference between good and great
- You are technically-minded, interested in code
- Expert knowledge of platform-specific interface patterns and behaviors
- Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal and external landscape
- You are accustomed to working in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment
- You’re autonomous. You take full ownership of your work, drive your personal development, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- Compliance with Information Security Policies
- Compliance with League’s secure coding practice
- Responsibility and accountability for executing League's policies and procedures
- Notification of HR, Legal, Compliance & Security of any incidents, breaches or policy violations
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your application.
- A recruiter (not a computer) reviews all applications at League.
- If we see alignment with League's needs, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your goals. The recruiter will also share the team-specific interview process depending on the roles you are exploring.
- The final step is an offer, which we hope you will accept!
- Prior to joining us, we conduct reference and background checks. Additional checks could be required for US Candidates, depending on the role you are exploring.
- Learn about our platform, leadership team and partners
- Highmark Health, Google Cloud, League: new digital front door to seamless care
- Former Providence President and Workday EVP of Corporate Strategy join League Board of Directors
- League raises $95 million USD in Series C to build world’s leading healthcare CX platform
- Forbes x League: The Platformization Of Healthcare Is Here
- Fast Company x League: If we want better innovations in healthtech, we need more competition
Recognize and Avoid Employment scams. Practice safe job searching.Scammers are getting craftier and leveraging fake job postings to get personal information. Know the warning signs and protect yourself from scammers. Learn more here.