Full Stack Software Developer, Layla Care
Remote · Calgary, AB, Canada · Fairfax, VA, USA · Canada · Remote · Québec, Canada
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Full Stack Software Developer, Layla Care
Layla’s mission is to empower people to take control of their mental health. We use client-centric innovation to understand and address gaps in the ever-changing realities in mental health. Today, Layla is a service that facilitates personalized individual, couples, family, and group therapy directly to the public as well as in collaboration with partners in the broader healthcare sector.
This is a remote position, and is open to anyone residing in Canada (except Quebec). Travel to GTA (3-4 times per year) will be required and expenses covered by the company if the applicant resides outside the GTA. Preference will be given to Candidates residing in the GTA.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Developer who is passionate about making a positive impact within the community through making thoughtful and strategic decisions. You'll play a crucial role in the development and enhancement of our health technology platform and in supporting our business operations. We have a dynamic team, and this is a tremendous opportunity to learn multiple platforms and technology stacks. This role requires not just technical prowess but also exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Play a key role in designing and implementing our web platform, focusing on user-centric design and functionality.
- Develop and Integrate various web Front End solutions
- Implement serverless backend solutions, with an emphasis on security and reliability.
- Write clean, maintainable code in TypeScript, emphasizing functionality and progress over perfection.
- Address cross-cutting concerns like logging, monitoring, and security while following best practices.
- Contribute to architecture and infrastructure of complex distributed systems
- Work collaboratively with a remote team, focusing on problem-solving and stakeholder impact
- Maintain effective communication across teams and stakeholders, emphasizing clarity and purpose.
- You are passionate about making a positive impact and improving people’s wellbeing.
- You are able to quickly develop a deep understanding of mental healthcare
- Cultivating a deep understanding and empathy for the needs of clients and therapists as well as internal needs.
- As part of a high-growth startup, you advocate for simple solutions and designs over complex ones, knowing when to move fast and when to slow down.
- Training & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of web development professional experience
- Proficient in React, Node.js and TypeScript or similar technologies
- Familiarity with API integrations, experience implementing REST clients and/or services
- Understanding of basic development security best practices
- Professional Qualities & Skills
- High level of curiosity and commitment to personal learning and growth
- Dependable; Track record of getting things done on time and to a high quality standard
- Proactive; You share ideas, you want to learn, you raise issues with a growth mindset
- Keen eye for user interface design
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Team oriented; You contribute to projects both in lead and support capacities
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Experience using Document Databases such as MongoDB
- Understanding/Experience with HIPAA, PHI, PIPEDA, or similar compliance and privacy protocols.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs and Platforms
- Exposure to SOC-2 Type II compliance
Location & logistical requirements
- Access to private, quiet and confidential workspace that allows for the protection of confidential information and the avoidance of disruption. This is important for team collaboration as well as speaking to clients professionally and confidentially
- Access to a mobile phone and internet connection with sufficient bandwidth and connection speed. Company will provide a setup budget, computer as well as a set monthly budget to cover the use of personal devices for work.
How to apply
We appreciate your interest in Layla, please apply on the link provided here . We look forward to reviewing your application, and will be in touch to arrange an interview if your profile matches our current needs.
- Expected start date: March 2024, negotiable.
- A diverse, passionate, and friendly team that wants to push the envelope and question the status quo
- Opportunity to build products that make a difference;
- Supportive health and wellness benefits for you and your family;
- 20 days of paid vacation
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Flexible location (within Canada, except Quebec) and work arrangement focused on results and contribution
- Employee Development Benefit - time and annual budget to support your learning and professional growth
- Potential for growth and career advancement in a dynamic startup environment
At Layla, one of our core values is to promote diversity. We welcome applications from a broad range of candidates including those with non-traditional backgrounds as well as non-Canadian experience. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, successful completion of a background check is required as a condition of employment.
Layla welcomes applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.