Internship - Outreach & Operations
Sterling, VA, USA · Ontario, Canada · Remote · Remote · Canada · Ontario, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Layla empowers Canadians to take control of their mental health. We use patient-centric innovation to understand and address gaps in the ever-changing realities in the mental health sector. Join us for a unique internship experience, where you'll play a vital role in our work to guide people on their wellbeing journey.
We invite up to three enthusiastic students to join our Outreach Team for a 2-month internship. This opportunity is ideal for those passionate about mental health and interested in building a more human and inclusive healthcare landscape.
Your Role and Responsibility
As integral members of our Outreach Team, you will engage in various projects, promoting Layla's mission across different channels. Your responsibilities will include:
Identify opportunities to encourage and facilitate active participation and discussions within the community to promote mental health awareness and destigmatization. Develop and execute community engagement strategies to build awareness and foster relationships with potential partners, such as gyms, yoga studios, campus groups, and other relevant groups aligned with our mission. Strengthen our relationship with healthcare providers by engaging with them through various ways (phone, in person, virtual)
Analysis and Reporting:
Analyze data to gain insights, identify trends, and propose strategies for optimizing community engagement and outreach initiatives.
Ad hoc support with other activities at Layla broadly.
Potential involvement in research projects.
This internship is intended to be funded by the Government of Canada's Student Work Placement Program. As such, applicants must meet the following criteria set by the program:
- Registered as a student in a recognized post-secondary institution in a full or part-time program from any program of study
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations. International students are not eligible
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- You are passionate about making a positive impact and improving people’s wellbeing. You are able to quickly develop a deep understanding of mental healthcare
- You want to be part of a high-growth start-up with evolving team and structures
- You like working within an iterative approach based on data and insights. You will work with the team to review and tweak your strategies periodically
Professional qualities and skills:
- Client Centric: You are passionate about the mental healthcare sector and want to improve care collaboration for clients seeking support
- Dependable: You have a track record of getting things done
- Proactive: You share ideas, you want to learn, you raise issues with a growth mindset
- Team oriented: You contribute to projects both in leadership and support capacities
- You have strong attention to detail with outstanding project management and problem solving skills
- You have strong written communication, presentation, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Technology is your friend and you embrace it as a way to communicate, organize your work, and devise automations to repetitive tasks.
Location: GTA. This is a remote-first role that requires field outreach activities in the GTA for 50-70% of the time.
- Learning & development opportunity
- Onboarding & exposure program designed to set you up for success and give you a deep perspective of the inner workings of a startup
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the mental health sector in Canada
- Enhance your presentation and communication skills while having conversations with stakeholders in the community
- Learn about how startups work and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Data driven decision making while thinking about learnings from field activities
- Unique role with a high-growth venture in a critical field
- A diverse, passionate, and friendly team that wants to push the envelope
- Layla will cover TTC pass (and Go Train where needed)
Compensation: $8,000 for a 10-week period
- Application Deadline: Nov 29th 2023
- Screening : Dec 1st (and Dec 4th if need be)
- Final Interviews: Dec 5th (and Dec 7th if need be)
- Start date: Late January or February 2024 (to be coordinated with candidates)
Layla welcomes applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.
At Layla, one of our core values is to promote diversity. We welcome applications from a broad range of candidates including those with non-traditional backgrounds as well as non-Canadian experience. We encourage applications from members of under-represented groups including Women in STEM, Indigenous People, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers, and Visible Minorities.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, a background check is required as a condition of employment.