Independent Mental Health Clinician
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Layla works with therapists in private practice in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, and Nova Scotia (we currently have a particular need in ON and NS). We help complement your private practice with clients that align to your strengths and areas of clinical interest. We understand that you went into private practice perhaps seeking more independence, and we work with you to retain that control and flexibility while belonging to a new community.
At Layla, our mission is to bridge the gap between wanting mental health care and getting it. We work with a diverse client base from a broad range of backgrounds, life experiences, and needs, and we are looking to build an equally diverse community of therapists.
We tailor our collaboration to suit your private practice, and you retain control over your schedule and workload. There are no monthly or referral fees. We contract you directly on a fee for service basis to support the clients that you accept from Layla.
Clients that fit your practice
We take time to understand your practice. We also take time to understand the client’s challenges, goals, therapist preferences, and logistical limitations. We appreciate both sides of the therapy equation. Better fit means increased client retention and improved therapy outcomes.
A new model and community
Be part of a new model to simplify clients’ access to therapy. We work with compassionate and competent therapists committed to achieving better outcomes for their clients. All of our therapists are experienced in their focus areas and are licensed mental health providers in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, and/or Nova Scotia. Layla Partner Therapists receive access to optional monthly peer supervision groups, specialized training, and social events.
Basic requirements for consideration
- Licensed psychotherapy provider registered in good standing as an RSW, RP, RCT, C.Psych, or C.Psych.Assoc.
- Masters-level (or equivalent) training in Social Work (Clinical Focus), Clinical/Counseling Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy or a related field from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of 1,000 hours of post-graduate clinical experience (community or private practice)
- Training in evidence-based treatment approaches. This can include a combination of: CBT, DBT, EFT, ACT, EMDR, MI, attachment-focused therapy, narrative therapy, sensorimotor therapy or other evidence-based approaches.
- Experience providing ongoing psychotherapy
- Professional malpractice liability insurance in place.
- Comfortable using technology
- Ability to see clients in one of the following settings: your office, online (secure platform provided by Layla), or walk-and-talk
If you are identified as a successful applicant, the Layla team will contact you by email about next steps.
Learn More & to apply