Psychologist, Clinical Services
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
Layla’s mission is to empower people to take control of their mental health. We use client-centric innovation to understand and address gaps in the ever-changing realities in mental health. Today, Layla is a service that facilitates personalized individual, couples, family, and group therapy directly to the public as well as in collaboration with partners in the broader healthcare sector.
This is a full-time role working weekdays (opportunity for part-time may be discussed). As part of a new assessment offering at Layla, we are looking for a psychologist to join our integrated Clinical Team. The primary focus of this role is performing diagnostic assessments. In addition to assessments, the candidate may also carry a small caseload of individual therapy clients. There will also be opportunities for collaboration with the wider Layla team on research, program and product development work from time to time. This position will report to the Co-Founder & Clinical Director.
- Provide diagnostic assessments (for private pay clients with a 1-page summary report) to people 16+ years of age generally looking for diagnostic support and clarification and treatment recommendations for: ADHD, anxiety disorders, mood disorders, personality disorders, and other clinical presentations
- Collaborate with our operations, outreach, and platform (tech) teams to identify opportunites to ongoingly improve the Assessment offering
- Participate in research, planning, and development pods from time to time
Minimum Training: Clinical psychologist or psychological associate registered in good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario. Cross-licensed with BC, AB, or NS an asset
- Experience in private practice, community based work, or other relevant experience
- Experience assessing and treating ADHD, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and injury/chronic pain
- Strong knowledge of evidence-based treatment methods (e.g., CBT, DBT, EMDR)
- Experience supervising other therapists an asset
- Experience running and improving programs, and managing operations an asset
- Experience working with diverse patient populations from an anti-oppressive and anti-racist practice
- Patient-centric mindset and philosophy on healthcare
- Understanding of mental health and evidence-based practice
- Passion for exceptional client service and the systems and culture required to achieve it
- Interest in being part of a high-growth start-up with significant growth potential
Professional qualities and skills:
- Highly dependable. Responsive, effective communicator, and dedication to their work
- Proactive. Shares challenges and ideas and is ready to break them down. Enjoys learning and growth, and contributing to the learning of teammates.
- Partnership and collaboration skills; able to contribute to projects effectively both in leadership and support capacities
- Sense of ownership and accountability. Track record of getting things done and embracing fluctuations in work
- Thrives in change, and considers it part of organizational and personal growth
- Able to work with data to distill high-impact insights
- High level of curiosity and commitment to learning and growth
- Computer skills (Google Suite, Sheets/Excel) and highly comfortable with technology
Location & Logistical Requirements
- Remote anywhere within Canada. Short travel to Toronto (around every 3 months) will be required and expenses covered by the company if the applicant resides outside the GTA. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Access to private, quiet and confidential workspace that allows for the protection of confidential information and the avoidance of disruption. This is important for team collaboration as well as speaking to clients professionally and confidentially.
- Access to a mobile phone and internet connection with sufficient bandwidth and connection speed. Company will provide a setup budget, computer as well as a set monthly budget to cover the use of personal devices for work.
Why work at Layla?
- A diverse, passionate, and friendly team
- Potential for growth and career advancement in a dynamic startup environment
- Supportive health and wellness benefits for you and your family
- Flexible location (within Canada) and work arrangement focused on results and contribution
- 20 paid vacation days
- Employee Development Benefit - time and annual budget to support your learning
At Layla, one of our core values is to promote diversity. We welcome applications from a broad range of candidates including those with non-traditional backgrounds as well as non-Canadian experience. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, successful completion of a background check is required as a condition of employment.
Layla welcomes applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.
Compensation: $125,000 - $155,000 per year
Start date: As soon as possible, with the potential to include a ramp up part time period if the applicant requires.
See more open positions at Layla Care
Something looks off?