Manager, Data Science
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. Our journey began in 2014, and we have since built a community of over 800,000 users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 300+ employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
About the Role
We’re looking for a Manager of Data Science to join our team for a role to work remotely based in Canada.
Reporting to Head of Data, you will be leading the charge for Data Science at KOHO. If this sounds exciting (which it very much is), then keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Reporting directly to the Head of Data, you will be managing a team of data scientists who work across multiple domains of the organization.
- You will understand the data-driven decision making needs of a high-growth organization and be focused on concrete outcomes and driving KPIs.
- You will exemplify people-centric leadership and have a strong focus on the continued growth of team members.
- You will operate both at a tactical and strategic level, owning day-to-day execution and long-term planning.
- You look for the highest leverage solution to the most important problems, through either pragmatic analysis, a predictive model, or unsupervised learning methods.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience working with data and engineering teams
- 2+ years of management experience in the data domain managing and guiding high performance teams
- You have expert knowledge of Python and SQL
- You are passionate about applying data science in financial services, with ideas on how and where to improve customer’s financial lives
- You have experience developing models, deploying them in a production environment, and integrating them into SaaS infrastructure
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• 🧘♂️ Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up
• 💻 Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• 🆙 Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget
• 🥅 Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• 🙌 The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
• 🤝 Be an Owner - Every KOHO employee gets a generous amount of equity with a 10 year exercise window
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact email@example.com and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.
See more open positions at KOHO Financial
Something looks off?