Lead, Data Visualization Designer
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
- The Data Visualization Designer will solve Interface design challenges, rapidly create concepts, prototyping, and iterate on ideas, and will help champion design and data visualization, and its value within Kognitiv.
- Design, develop and maintain static and interactive data visualizations using D3 (along with user interfaces) for our external and internal products.
- Solve data visualization and interface design challenges using a user-centered approach.
- Translate and lead the design of the data visualizations to communicate insights.
- Contribute to data dictionary, standards, training and ongoing updates.
- Verify data quality to ensure accurate analysis and reporting.
- Be actively involved in the upskilling of the data visualization team, acting as SME on the D3 development process and best practices.
- Using technical tools and software programs to plan and organize milestones and tracking project progress.
- Create visually appealing and informative data visualizations that tell compelling stories and facilitate data-driven decision making.
- Degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design or Visual communication or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience with React in agile environment.
- Familiarity with data analysis and statistical methods
- Confident to handle data using tools as Excel and Tableau
- Management experience working with cross-functional teams to produce a comprehensive product.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketch or others.
- Able to run ideation sessions with project stakeholders and users, translating complex ideas into visualizations even at a rough early stage.
- Strong information design skills, with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Confident and clear communicator that is able to express their ideas and convey complicated concepts in a simple way for a diverse audience and comfortable defending design decisions/rationale to both designers and non-designers.