Client Data Scientist - Lead
What We do:
Kognitiv empowers global brands to redefine loyalty through advanced data activation and multi-enterprise collaboration.
Founded in 2008, Kognitiv is challenging brands to redefine how they engage with their customers and deliver meaningful experiences that earn their lifetime loyalty. In June 2020, Kognitiv and Aimia’s Loyalty Solutions came together to create a data and technology-led business, employing people across 20 countries worldwide. With 200+ clients and partners in more than 50 markets globally, Kognitiv is removing the complexity of cultivating loyalty, data, and partnerships, so brands can deliver enhanced value, personalization, and experiences to today’s consumers, right where they are.
We always welcome international candidates to apply providing they are eligible to work and live in Malaysia.
About the opportunity:
The Client Data Scientist lead role is a key role to deliver success, improve customer experience and drive effective client engagement for our clients' loyalty program. This role effectively works in collaboration with other members of the Global Data Science team and is responsible for, but not limited to the following; Providing high quality in-depth analysis and recommendations, reporting and data visualization, presenting findings and analytical insights to other members of the team and/or Kognitiv clients, building predictive models and/or customer segmentations, being a steward of data and analytics across the team and organization, mentoring and providing support to the more junior members of the team (Insights Analyst).
Areas of key responsibilities:
- Develop relationship with client to understand their business challenges
- Advise client on how data science and advanced analytics can address these challenges and support their delivery of KPIs
- Communicate recommendations simply and clearly with client
Machine Learning & Statistical modeling
- Build and deploy machine learning models such as clustering for member segmentation and predictive models to uncover opportunities for maximizing customer wallet share (e.g. upsell/cross-sell/retention)
- Effectively use ML algorithms such as regression, decision trees, KNN, K-means clustering to answer relevant problem statements
- Improving / innovating the modelling approach and / or codebase itself to enhance e.g. speed & quality & use of computation resources (so a more cost-effective codebase)
- Embedding version-control, code review, documentation in the development process
- Develop and implement new analytical methodologies and techniques for clients
- Work with Global colleagues to embed models within Kognitiv product suite
In-depth Analysis, Post campaign analysis
- Gather business requirements and then translate into analytics objectives and analysis plan that you and the team can begin working towards
- Analyze complex business issues and effectively communicate meaningful insights based on data trends / patterns found in data
- Identify the need and type of hypothesis test to apply for different measurement requirements
- Support development of clean, concise and digestible visualizations and dashboards for the team and/or client to use and gain insight from
- Conduct in-depth analysis and post-campaign analysis to evaluate ESPs performance & ROI, and provide recommendations for improvement
- Deliver insights and recommendations, via summary or presentations (slides), to internal teams in a client-ready state
- Guide the development of the Analytics team to grow capability and impact.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, manage timelines, implement quality controls and processes
- Mentoring and providing support to the team members via training sessions, shadowing, code sharing, analysis scoping & planning
- Translate Analytics findings into actionable insights and recommendations for the internal teams to fully integrate DS into the overall Kognitiv packages served to clients
- Build a strong relationship and manage expectations with users and stake holders.
- Other duties as reasonably directed
- Adhere to all Kognitiv policies
- Take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace
- Recognise the dignity and respect of every team member and actively contribute and maintain a work environment which is free from harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics or related field
- Expert in SQL, Python, and related Python libraries (pandas, NumPy) or R
- Domain expertise in statistics, mathematics, and probability.
- A storyteller with data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI has an advantage
- Preferably, have prior experience or interest Alteryx
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills, especially with Excel & PowerPoint
- Ideally 4-5 years of relevant analytical experience
- Ideal candidate will have strong sense of ownership, adaptive to change, organized, and an experimental knowledge-seeking mindset to deal with ambiguity
- Prior experience of team coaching or mentoring is preferred
- Experience and understanding of A/B and multivariate testing best practices and application
- Experience with AWS technology stack including Redshift
- Experience with version control and code hosting services (e.g. Bitbucket, Github)
- Comfortable synthesizing and presenting technical concepts and insights
Skills and Abilities:
- Quantitative and comfortable working with large amounts of data
- Willing to challenge yourself and an openness to debate and collaboration
- A self-starter with analytical astuteness, able to work with tight deadlines
- Team player who can work in a cross-functional and global environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with high attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear and concise recommendations based on analytical findings
- Intellectually honest and curious
- Have an experimentation mindset and love to learn through testing
- Productive in a distributed, remote, and asynchronous environment
We are a passionate, innovative organization with team members globally and we are looking for exceptional people to come and join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international business, in a high energy environment with a collaborative, smart and passionate team. If you like the sound of us and the role: get in touch!
Here at Kognitiv, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it! Greater diversity means greater variation in ways of thinking, perspectives, and approach. And we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our clients. Kognitiv are committed to creating an inclusive environment and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, fit and business need.