Senior Software .Net Developer
What we do:
Kognitiv enables leading organisations to form collaborative commerce networks, unearth value for their consumers, and markedly improve returns.
Founded in 2008, Kognitiv enables collaborative commerce through its proprietary technology platform and performance model for leading global brands to build their own peer-to-peer trading networks. In June 2020, Kognitiv and Aimia’s Loyalty Solutions companies came together to create a technology-forward business, employing over 500 people across 20 countries worldwide.
With 200+ clients and partners in more than 50 markets globally, Kognitiv brings to life a world where brands work together to create new opportunities for less, gain direct access to new audiences, and create network effects where everyone wins, all the time.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the design and development of enterprise-level ASP.NET, .NET Core modules for our SaaS platform
- Interpret written functional requirements and technical design documents.
- Participate in software design activities.
- Perform coding to written design specifications.
- Perform unit and functional testing of all code written and collaborate with our Quality Assurance team on test plans.
- Investigate, analyse, document, and correct reported defects.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, and scripts.
- Full stack development, must be familiar with relational database architecture.
- Work collaboratively in an open environment using distributed version control and “ticketed” support and team development systems.
- Remain current with latest technologies and collaborate on incorporating them into our environment, including Angular 10, Angular Material, TypeScript, etc.
- Use Agile Software Development practices to deliver a new release (to all clients) every 6 - 8 weeks.
- Must be a self-starter able to work independently on tickets, while being flexible enough to context switch in order to solve a customer issue in an evolving environment.
Who are you?
The Senior Software Developer will work closely with the Product, Architecture, and Quality Assurance teams to ensure that solution design and released code meet client expectations.
Background and Experience
- 3+ years of commercial software development experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Experience in both frontend and backend technologies, preferably ASP.Net Development (C# or VB.NET) or Angular Coding or .NET Framework
- Solid working knowledge and experience in applying OO principles
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Application design experience
- Experience and proficiency in test-driven development.
- Good understanding of the SDLC, from building, testing, and quality assurance, to release
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL
- Highly scalable distributed multi-tiered system design
- ASP.NET Server-side and client-side Web Controls
- Visual Studio (2019 or later) or Visual Studio Code
- Windows Server, Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Distributed Source control (TFS, Azure DevOps, Git, etc.)
- High technical ability and keen attention to detail
- Highly effective team player and Time management
- Demonstrates modesty and humility
- High levels of conscientiousness
- Achievement-orientated and Extremely curious
- A self-starter who can work independently but as part of a wider team in a fast-paced environment
- An excellent communicator, with the ability and confidence to build both outstanding customer relationships and gain internal support
We are a passionate, innovative organisation with just over 500 team members globally and we are looking for exceptional people to come and join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international business, in a high-energy environment with a collaborative, smart, and passionate team. If you like the sound of us and the role: get in touch!
Here at Kognitiv, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it! Greater diversity means greater variation in ways of thinking, perspectives, and approach. And we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our clients. Kognitiv are committed to creating an inclusive environment and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, fit and business need.
We always welcome international candidates to apply providing they are eligible to work and live in Sri Lanka