What we do:
Kognitiv enables leading organisations to form collaborative commerce networks, unearth value for their consumers, and markedly improve returns.
Founded in 2008, Kognitiv enables collaborative commerce through its proprietary technology platform and performance model for leading global brands to build their own peer-to-peer trading networks. In June 2020, Kognitiv and Aimia’s Loyalty Solutions companies came together to create a technology-forward business, employing over 500 people across 20 countries worldwide.
With 200+ clients and partners in more than 50 markets globally, Kognitiv brings to life a world where brands work together to create new opportunities for less, gain direct access to new audiences, and create network effects where everyone wins, all the time.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Conduct and tune network and system vulnerability assessments and provide corrective/remediation actions
- Drive the end-to-end vulnerability lifecycle from discovery to closure
- Identify internal and external threats that could result in unauthorized disclosure, misuse, alteration, or destruction of customer’s information assets
- Identify and prioritize all vulnerabilities in respective environments and provide timely vulnerability assessment reports to key stakeholders
- Ensure timely follow-up with patch management and vulnerability remediation in coordination with operations teams.
- Responsible for understanding, reviewing, and interpreting assessment and scanning results, reducing false positive findings, and acting as a trusted security advisor to product teams.
- Learn and adapt to Kognitiv culture, security strategies, security goals, security objectives, and security capabilities
- Identify organizational position and posture against emerging and zero-day threats
- Contribute technical authority, vision, documentation of operational procedures, and guidance to ensure the continued evolution of Kognitiv’s Security Program
- Provide system administrators, system owners, and IT support staff with effective vulnerability mitigation strategies, meaningful vulnerability metrics, security controls, and or corrective actions for mitigating technical and business risk
- Develop and report enterprise-level metrics for vulnerabilities and remediation progress
- Understand, demonstrate, and educate stakeholders on the real-world impact of threats and vulnerability exploitation in a given environment
- Manage requests, and assessments, and meet client and policy expectations within established service levels
Who are you?
As a member of the Kognitiv Security Team, your role as Security Operations Analyst will provide crucial insight and support into vulnerability management and security compliance. In your role at Kognitiv, you’ll have the opportunity to work with teams all over the globe, assisting them to identify vulnerabilities and continually improve cyber security posture with the overall goal to protect client data.
Background and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Qualys products including VMDR, Web Application Scanning, and CloudView
- Background in security threat analysis – the ability to determine the risk level of identified threats and necessary urgency in remediation
- Possess a strong technical understanding of common network and system vulnerabilities
- Understanding of networking principles (OSI Model, routing, TCP/IP)
- Windows and Linux operating systems, and basic administration
- Best practices in common security technologies
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure in a rapid-paced, customer-facing 24/7 production environment
- Experience working with cross-business and cross-functional teams in a geographically distributed environment
- Setting up scanning profiles, conducting routine scans of our environment, overseeing remediation efforts, etc
- Willingness to accept direction, support leadership vision, and serve as a point of contact directly supporting vulnerability assessments, system owners, and executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in setting up scanning profiles, conducting routine scans of the security environment, overseeing remediation efforts, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate the global nature of this role and the time zones in which the organisation operates. Plus willingness to share security tasks
We are a passionate, innovative organisation with just over 500 team members globally and we are looking for exceptional people to come and join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international business, in a high-energy environment with a collaborative, smart, and passionate team. If you like the sound of us and the role: get in touch!
Here at Kognitiv, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it! Greater diversity means greater variation in ways of thinking, perspectives, and approach. And we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our clients. Kognitiv are committed to creating an inclusive environment and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, fit and business need.
We always welcome international candidates to apply providing they are eligible to work and live in Sri Lanka
Something looks off?