What We do:
Kognitiv empowers global brands to redefine loyalty through advanced data activation and multi-enterprise collaboration.
Founded in 2008, Kognitiv is challenging brands to redefine how they engage with their customers and deliver meaningful experiences that earn their lifetime loyalty. In June 2020, Kognitiv and Aimia’s Loyalty Solutions came together to create a data and technology-led business, employing people across 20 countries worldwide. With 200+ clients and partners in more than 50 markets globally, Kognitiv is removing the complexity of cultivating loyalty, data, and partnerships, so brands can deliver enhanced value, personalization, and experiences to today’s consumers, right where they are.
About the opportunity:
The Infrastructure Specialist role is to design, implement, manage, and maintain the Kognitiv Amazon AWS cloud hosted systems to the highest industry standards.
You will proactively monitor cloud environment system performance to ensure the highest levels of availability and use your knowledge to ensure proper tuning and capacity management is in place. This includes the installation, upgrading, repairing and configuration of system and software components to keep the digital environment current, secure and running efficiently.
You are required to provide estimates for IT infrastructure projects and changes to deliver work with a commitment to the highest standards of quality and within budget constraints. As part of our IT Service Delivery team, you will utilize your organizational and troubleshooting skills to ensure problems are resolved efficiently with minimum impact to the business or its clients.
The Infrastructure Specialist is also expected to function as a subject matter expert across the Kognitiv product ecosystem and takes an indirect accountability for promoting consistency, best practice, and effective use of data to increase confidence in the IT Service Delivery function for our business clients across all regions.
Areas of key responsibilities:
Infrastructure Service Delivery (75%)
- Installation, deployment, repairing and upgrading of applications, operating systems and cloud based components in AWS cloud environments
- Review functional requirements, technical design and operational documents
- Develop and maintain the cloud environment in-line with best practice
- Managing infrastructure changes by following the change management process to ensure that the live environment is protected
- Monitoring of production systems for performance, utilization and capacity
- Review daily operational system checks and work directly with support engineers, development and operations as needed to resolve issues
- Managing the cloud environment capacity and recommend cost effective solutions
- Troubleshooting and optimizing the performance of servers, databases, applications and networks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure related technical issues with Kognitiv business and technology teams
- Manage infrastructure incidents and provide root cause analysis
- Managing load balancer configurations and SSL certificate issues/renewals
- Reporting on projects, task and incidents using Kognitiv tracking tools JIRA and ServiceNow
- Ensure cloud environments adhere to Kognitiv policies
- Liaise with third parties and clients on technical queries
- Collaborate across all IT functions to seek and share ideas and ways of working
- Manage infrastructure related documentation
- Develop, distribute and communicate FAQ and general use materials
- Provide clear and timely updates on task progress and completion
- Collaborate with your peers on new features and changes
- Contribute to the application knowledge base as subject matter expert
Required for all team members:
- Other duties as reasonably directed
- Adhere to all Kognitiv policies
- Take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace
- Recognize the dignity and respect of every team member and actively contribute and maintain a work environment which is free from harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination.
Background and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (e.g. BSc in Computer Science)
- Experiencing working with monitoring tools (Nagios, Elastic Stack (ELK)
- In depth understanding of operating systems, Microsoft Windows and Linux (RHEL/CentOS)
- Experience of working with networking technologies including routing, application firewalls, VPCs, VPNs, WAN technologies and VLANs
- Experience working with distributed systems and architecture
Skills and abilities:
- Proven experience working with AWS cloud technologies
- Ability to understand and interpret new requirements
- High level of conscientiousness with strong attention to detail and focus on delivering results
- Very good time management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Team player with service-oriented attitude
- Very good communication skills, both written and spoken English
- Demonstrates troubleshooting ability and capacity to guide clients through a complex resolution process in a timely and professional manner.
- Adept at learning and mastering new technologies
- An interest in getting involved and making things happen
- Ability to work in a team environment with the demand of short deadlines and high-pressure situations (SLAs to manage)
- Ability to plan and prioritize activity based on impact to the business
We are a passionate, innovative organization with team members globally and we are looking for exceptional people to come and join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international business, in a high energy environment with a collaborative, smart and passionate team. If you like the sound of us and the role: get in touch!
Here at Kognitiv, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it! Greater diversity means greater variation in ways of thinking, perspectives, and approach. And we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our clients. Kognitiv are committed to creating an inclusive environment and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, fit and business need.
Something looks off?