Application Support Specialist
What We do:
Kognitiv empowers global brands to redefine loyalty through advanced data activation and multi-enterprise collaboration.
Founded in 2008, Kognitiv is challenging brands to redefine how they engage with their customers and deliver meaningful experiences that earn their lifetime loyalty. In June 2020, Kognitiv and Aimia’s Loyalty Solutions came together to create a data and technology-led business, employing people across 20 countries worldwide. With 200+ clients and partners in more than 50 markets globally, Kognitiv is removing the complexity of cultivating loyalty, data, and partnerships, so brands can deliver enhanced value, personalization, and experiences to today’s consumers, right where they are.
About the opportunity:
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for the development of changes, ongoing maintenance, and optimisation as well as operational support of one or more Kognitiv software applications. In this role you will contribute to the team that delivers a high-quality end to end product service and support service delivery for the Kognitiv suite of applications
Areas of key responsibilities:
Application Support (75%)
- Troubleshoot and resolve application related technical issues with Kognitiv business and technology teams and clients
- Work directly with clients and Kognitiv regional client teams to explain and offer guidance for platform functionality as the subject matter expert.
- Utilise Kognitiv ticketing systems to manage requests, issues and changes
- Perform daily operational system checks on and work directly with development and operations as needed to resolve issues
- Perform system and application configuration changes
- Run ad-hoc queries and provide data extracts as required
- Deliver strong client-centric solutions to customers with a positive approach.
- Provide technical support to the regional Kognitiv implementation teams
- Prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information to drive process improvement
- Manage and maintain software product and process related documentation
- Develop, distribute and communicate FAQ and general use materials.
- Provide clear and timely updates on task progress and completion
- Work collaboratively with your peers on new features and product deployment.
- Contribute to the application knowledge base as subject matter expert
- Perform ongoing unit testing and feedback as part of our development process
- Perform product walkthrough with test teams
Required for all team members:
- Other duties as reasonably directed
- Adhere to all Kognitiv policies
- Take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace
- Recognise the dignity and respect of every team member and actively contribute and maintain a work environment which is free from harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination.
Background and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (i.e. BSc in Computer Science)
- 3-5 years of experience in the IT industry / IT Product / IT Software Service
- Experience of working in the IT software development industry
- Experience of best practices in secure software development
- Experience in Product Service / Support / Communications / Documentation
- Excellent experience understanding of SaaS platforms and processes
Skills and abilities:
- Experience developing and supporting applications using Mongo & MySQL
- Experience supporting Active MQ
- Excellent understanding of XML and JSON
- Experience troubleshooting and optimising application and understanding of n-tier architecture
- Experience working with schedulers and data transformation, data exchange via batch files and API interfaces
- Experience of front-end technologies
- Knowledge of Java, Spring Framework including Spring Batch advantageous
- Understanding of hosting with Apache Tomcat
- All round IT knowledge of file transfer software and protocols, HTML, XML, file compression and encryption, image files, video files, DNS, Web Log monitoring tools, API Testing Tools
- Team player with service-oriented attitude
- High levels of conscientiousness with focus on delivering results
- Excellent time management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong “attention to detail” mindset
- Demonstrates troubleshooting ability and capacity to guide clients through a complex resolution process in a timely and professional manner.
- Adept at learning and mastering new technology
- An interest in getting involved and making things happen
- Ability to work in a team environment with the demand of short deadlines and high-pressure situations (SLAs to manage)
- Ability to prioritise activity based on impact to the business
- Must be proficient with web browsers, the Windows operating system and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with web-based system support systems a plus.
We are a passionate, innovative organization with team members globally and we are looking for exceptional people to come and join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international business, in a high energy environment with a collaborative, smart and passionate team. If you like the sound of us and the role: get in touch!
Here at Kognitiv, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it! Greater diversity means greater variation in ways of thinking, perspectives, and approach. And we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our clients. Kognitiv are committed to creating an inclusive environment and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, fit and business need.
Something looks off?