Lead DevOps Engineer
What we do:
Kognitiv enables leading organisations to form collaborative commerce networks, unearth value for their consumers, and markedly improve returns.
Founded in 2008, Kognitiv enables collaborative commerce through its proprietary technology platform and performance model for leading global brands to build their own peer-to-peer trading networks. In June 2020, Kognitiv and Aimia’s Loyalty Solutions companies came together to create a technology-forward business, employing over 500 people across 20 countries worldwide.
With 200+ clients and partners in more than 50 markets globally, Kognitiv brings to life a world where brands work together to create new opportunities for less, gain direct access to new audiences, and create network effects where everyone wins, all the time.
About the opportunity:
We are seeking a highly skilled Lead DevOps Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of systems that automate software deployment, configuration, and management, as well as oversee the performance and reliability of our systems infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development and extensive experience with DevOps practices, tools, and methodologies.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Setting up new development environments and infrastructure.
- Deploying product updates and addressing production issues, while also implementing integrations that align with customer requirements.
- Streamlining development and release processes through automation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring that all development assets and environments meet global security policies and standards, with a focus on building safe and secure systems that can withstand cybersecurity threats.
- Assessing vulnerabilities and managing risks through ongoing cybersecurity measures.
- Providing level 2 technical support and developing tools to minimize errors and enhance the customer experience.
- Conducting root cause analyses for production errors and investigating and resolving technical issues as needed.
- Developing and documenting system maintenance and troubleshooting procedures.
- Collaborating with software developers and engineers to promote adherence to established development processes and ensure functional software delivery.
Who are you?
As the Lead DevOps Engineer, you will play a critical role in shaping and driving the technical infrastructure. To excel in this role, you should have a deep understanding of modern infrastructure management practices. With a proven track record of leading and implementing DevOps methodologies in complex, fast-paced environments.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelors level qualifications in Computer Systems Engineering, Information Security, Information Technology or any Professional Certification in related Disciplines
- 5-7 years of Industry experience in Systems Engineering or DevOps role
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with cloud technologies, preferably Microsoft and AWS
- Very strong Docker/Vagrant (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes or Mesos)
- Strong Linux/Unix, Windows Server administration skills
- Cloud server management with AWS and Azure
- Experience using Continuous Integration with software such as Jenkins
- Automation (Puppet, Chef or Salt), Scripting (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Automated backups and Disaster recovery
- Database Management (MySQL/Postgres)
- Experience deploying, configuring and troubleshooting Apache/Tomcat/NGINX
- Excellent Networking Knowledge (HTTP/TCP/UDP)
- Comfortable building dashboards based on Grafana and Kibana and gathering actionable insights
- Server monitoring (New Relic and Nagios)
- Working knowledge of, Elasticsearch, Redis and RabbitMQ
- Terraform CloudFormation
- Understanding and experience in Build tools such as Jenkins, CI/CD practices & version control technologies such as GitHub
We are a passionate, innovative organisation with just over 500 team members globally and we are looking for exceptional people to come and join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international business, in a high-energy environment with a collaborative, smart and passionate team. If you like the sound of us and the role: get in touch!
Here at Kognitiv, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it! Greater diversity means greater variation in ways of thinking, perspectives, and approach. And we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our clients. Kognitiv are committed to creating an inclusive environment and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, fit and business need.
We always welcome international candidates to apply providing they are eligible to work and live in Sri Lanka
Something looks off?