Senior Data Scientist
What we do:
Kognitiv enables leading organizations to form collaborative commerce networks, unearth value for their consumers, and markedly improve returns.
Founded in 2008, Kognitiv enables collaborative commerce through its proprietary technology platform and performance model for leading global brands to build their own peer-to-peer trading networks. In June 2020, Kognitiv and Aimia’s Loyalty Solutions companies came together to create a technology-forward business, employing approximately 500 people across 20 countries worldwide.
With 200+ clients and partners in more than 50 markets globally, Kognitiv brings to life a world where brands work together to create new opportunities for less, gain direct access to new audiences, and create network effects where everyone wins, all the time.
About the opportunity:
In this key Data Scientist role, you will work collaboratively in the provision of high quality advanced analytics, developing predictive analytic capability for our clients, to drive value for both our clients and Kognitiv.
You will be key in the design, build and deploying of machine learning capability, being a steward of data and analytics across the team and organization, as well as mentoring and providing support to the more junior members of the team.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Engage in proposal/business development/presales opportunities and project delivery lifecycle
- Lead effective conversations with both technical and business stakeholders for requirement gathering and analysis, which then translated into technical and analytics requirements and planning.
- Design, plan, develop and implement analytical methodologies and techniques.
- Work with data engineers and visualizers to improve data upstream (e.g. collection, ingestion) and downstream consumption (e.g. visualization)
- Build machine learning models such as clustering and predictive models to uncover opportunities for business value generation (e.g., upsell/cross-sell/retention).
- Recommend, develop, and sustain machine learning and engineering best practices for data science team.
- Contribute to the asset development of Kognitiv data toolsets and knowledge base.
- Effectively communicate meaningful data insights with both technical and business recommendations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Being able to work against tight deadlines, without compromising quality of the output.
- Mentoring and providing support to the more junior members of the team via training sessions, shadowing, code sharing, analysis scoping & planning.
- Translate analytics findings into actionable insights and recommendations for the internal teams to fully integrate data scienc into the overall Kognitiv solution for the clients.
Who are you?
Your expertise in advanced analytics techniques will be instrumental in delivering impactful insights that shape our business strategies and contribute to our continued success. Using your strong foundation in statistical modelling, machine learning algorithms, and optimization techniques, you will extract actionable insights from complex structured and unstructured datasets. By applying these advanced techniques, you will uncover patterns, trends, and correlations that will guide strategic decision-making.
Background and Experience:
- At least 5 years of relevant analytical experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science or IT, Statistics or other relevant technical fields
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Fluency in SQL
- Fluency with at least one programming language for analytics purpose (e.g. R, python, scala)
- Fluency in machine learning/deep learning algorithms and design patterns
- Knowledge of cloud data technologies (e.g. Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Fluency with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Domo, Looker)
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills
- Experience in building predictive modelling and segmentation/clustering models
- Experience design and execution of A/B and multivariate testing best practices and application
- Experience with AWS technology stacks including Redshift, Sagemaker and Glue
- Experience with version control and code hosting services (e.g. Bitbucket, Github)
- Experience in one or more batch ETL tools (e.g. Alteryx, Informatica, or Talend) or other open source data integration tools
- Comprehension of data visualization best practices
- Comfortable synthesizing and presenting technical concepts and insights
We are a passionate, innovative organization with just over 500 team members globally and we are looking for exceptional people to come and join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international business, in a high-energy environment with a collaborative, smart and passionate team. If you like the sound of us and the role: get in touch!
Here at Kognitiv, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it! Greater diversity means greater variation in ways of thinking, perspectives, and approach. And we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our clients. Kognitiv are committed to creating an inclusive environment and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, fit and business need.
We always welcome international candidates to apply providing they are eligible to work and live in Malaysia.
Something looks off?