Posted on Thursday, March 9, 2023
Lydia AI (formerly Knowtions Research) is an applied AI company on a mission to insure the next billion people. We work with insurers to pioneer digital Pay-How-You-Live insurance products using Lydia AI, our risk prediction engine. Lydia AI leverages new sources of data to make dynamic health predictions to create insurance products focused on keeping people healthy rather than paying when people get sick. We are a Canadian company, with a Taiwan Branch, targeting the fastest growing insurance markets in Asia and are backed by investors including Information Venture Partners and Alibaba Entrepreneur Fund.
Join us to help insure the next billion people!
As a DevOps Engineer you would join our team building applications and our healthcare data platform. You will help design, build, and run the cloud and on-premises infrastructure, including both backend (Node.js) and front-end services (React) powering this system. We are looking for an experienced engineer who will bring subject matter expertise, best practices, to wear different hats as needed, from back-end and front-end, to DevOps and infrastructure.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works closely with internal teams, including, but not limited to, Software Deployment and Support, Customer Service, and Product Development.
- Work with the dev team to troubleshoot deployment issues.
- Works closely with Project Managers, Software Support Engineers and Performance Assurance Leads to plan and implement on-site deployments, upgrades, and performance assurance visits.
- Installation and auditing of hardware on-site and fixing equipment by following guidelines and procedures to ensure quality and functionality.
- Perform diagnostics, isolate problems and repair electronic hardware components by testing and replacing to ensure the functionality.
- Identifies opportunities to standardize and improve the quality of deployments and performance assurance initiatives.
- Writes, updates and reviews technical documentation, including but not limited to, pre-configuration, Installation Sign off, trip pre-planning, trip action reports troubleshooting articles, training material, and lessons learned.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Relevant expertise acquired through 7+ years of experience in software development, system administration and DevOps
- Proven experience implementing solutions that address the following areas: Configuration Management; Continuous Integration; Environment Provisioning; Monitoring & Alerts; Performance Metrics; Test Automation; Version Control
- Exceptional knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available services
- Extensive experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with using and improving the Dev/QA and CI/CD tools such as Git, Ansible, Jenkins, CodePipeline/CodeBuild
- Database Management is a must-have - backups, sharding, hot standby, load balancing
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services, such as Nginx, Postgres, Elasticsearch
- Experience implementing infrastructure-as-code with CloudFormation or TerraForm
- Experience working with Linux servers in virtualized environments. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS
- Experience with cloud networking, virtual networking, VPN
- Bachelor Degree in computer science, IT or closely related field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM techniques
At Lydia AI, diversity is mission-critical. Our strength lies within our differences and in a diverse workforce that unleashes new ideas and perspectives. We celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce and foster a culture where all team members feel valued, respected, and supported.
See more open positions at Knowtions Research
Something looks off?