Intermediate or Senior Software Developer (Frontend)
Job Posting: Intermediate or Senior Software Developer (Frontend)
Company: KnowMeQ // KnowMeQ.com
Location: Hybrid – company based in Toronto
Contract: 6-month – to convert to full-time
Salary: Commensurate upon experience – consistent with market
KnowMeQ is a tech firm specializing in building software for Human Resources and Education applications. Our solutions are designed to empower workers, their companies and communities – providing new data points that can fuel career growth and worker development. We pride ourselves on innovation, collaboration, and excellence. Join us as we drive advancements in AI enabled HR Technology and EduTech.
This role is open to either Intermediate or Senior Frontend Software Developers. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This role is hybrid; availability to meet in office roughly once a week is expected (located in Toronto).
You will contribute to the development, design, and enhancement of our core web applications (SaaS development), primarily using React. You will play a pivotal role in crafting user-friendly, efficient, and scalable frontend solutions working on a small and highly skilled team focused on the development of a very efficient, user-friendly – and lovable product.
The contract is for 6-months with an extension to full-time upon SaaS tool completion and launch.
- Development & Implementation
· Design, develop, and maintain efficient and reusable frontend components using React.
· Ensure code quality by writing clean, well-documented, and testable code using tools like Jest.
· Translate UI/UX designs into high-quality code that will produce visual elements of the application.
· Work closely with the UI/UX designers to bridge the gap between design and technical implementation, ensuring the fidelity of the final output.
· Collaborate with backend developers to integrate frontend components with server-side logic, interfacing through REST APIs.
- Optimization & Maintenance
· Identify and troubleshoot frontend performance bottlenecks and bugs.
· Regularly update application dependencies to keep abreast with security patches and new features.
· Bachelor's degree in a related STEM field or commensurate work experience as a frontend developer.
· 3+ years of proven experience as a frontend developer, preferably working with React.
· Proven experience with TypeScript is a plus, but not a must-have.
· Strong understanding of the React ecosystem, hooks, state management, and component lifecycle.
· Experience working with RESTful services and understanding of HTTP protocol specifics.
· Familiarity with Git and experience with CI/CD tools for frontend applications.
· Knowledge of modern authentication and authorization mechanisms like JWT.
Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits on full-time hire.
Annual: 3 weeks of vacation plus winter holiday shutdown through Christmas and New Years.
Note: This job description provides an overview but is not exhaustive. Responsibilities and requirements may evolve based on business needs.