Senior Frontend Developer
🏡 What and who is Knowd?:
A very warm welcome to Knowd (pronounced “Node”) - where we take the work out of knowledge work. We’re a venture backed organization building the future of knowledge work. Specifically for individual efficiency and team collaboration. We strive to become synonymous with workplace productivity on how people work with information to search, discover, synthesize and share knowledge within organizations. Knowd’s mission is to extend the cognitive abilities of mankind.
Our founding team is an international trio of 3 startup veterans who started the company remotely and have a combined proven track record of exiting 2 companies, working on cutting edge HCI research, and in scaling tech and finance organizations.
We’re a hard-working and passionate bunch, seeking the next addition to our team. Lately we are motivated by close collaboration together, producing strong results, and combining our vision with user feedback. At the office (downtown Toronto), we enjoy going for weekly team lunches, swapping travel stories, and discussing human to AI interaction on the terrace. At the end of the day, our mission is to come together and build the future of knowledge work, impacting over 1 billion knowledge workers worldwide.
✅ What skills do I need, and what will I do?:
- Hiring for mindset: We are an early stage company seeking a highly motivated and hard working individual interested in joining the ride as a founding engineer with equity.
- You will be responsible as a specialist for the Frontend Development of our platform, helping us create an aesthetically pleasing and intuitive UX
- You should have a demonstrated ability to ship high quality features, balancing perfectionism & speed
- An interest, and eye for user experience (UX)
- Experience with modern front-end technologies (like React.js, Next.js,) and design systems (e.g. TailwindCSS, Radix)
- Proficiency in managing API calls, and error handling
- Experience in responsive UI creation and state management via libraries like Zustand
- Understanding of server-side-rendering in Next.js and web performance optimizations
- It would be nice if you had experience in no-code UI and collaborative environments like Yjs (preferred)
- Startup/scaleup experience, a personal website, contributor profile or side projects are considered a huge plus ++!
It's okay if you don't check all the boxes, we don't either. This is why we’d love your help.
🔵 What are my benefits and opportunities?:
- Ownership in Knowd, for shared success in our company growth, as a truly committed owner and builder and an early employee of an ambitious team to help shape and advance our company's trajectory.
- Competitive salary based on your experience levels.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and remote working options.
- Contribute to the future of our engineering and product culture.
- Real-world impactful applications using SoTA AI and LLM solutions.
🟠 How can I apply?:
⚡Please apply by completing this application and sending an email to us at email@example.com with your portfolio or personal site and a short personal introduction on yourself.
If you are interested in being a builder and owner of an early stage startup, we’d love to invite you on board and help shape the future of knowledge work with us.
Thanks for your attention and stopping by! 😊