Tech Lead - Data Engineering
POSITION: Data Engineering Lead
About the Position
As a Lead-Data Engineer, you will lead a discovery and resolution for our client’s current Snowflake implementation. The talented individual in this role will work with Client Leadership, Architects, and Engineers to build out a Snowflake Data Solution focusing on delivering business value. This role will initially be an individual contributor with future opportunities for leadership if desired. You will help with the overall Data Strategy including infrastructure, software, utilities/tools, Public Cloud (Azure) Solutions, and Business Intelligence Solutions for the organization.
What you will do
• Provide understanding of Snowflake, Data Warehouse, Data Movement, Data Curation, and Data Staging best practices in relation to existing Snowflake implementations
• Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated data pipeline related problems, proactively and as issues surface
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
• Create and contribute to automation of essential processes related to infrastructure solution deployment creating repeatable and robust deployments
• Provide Snowflake solutions, including hands on keyboard (implementation)
• Overall ownership of the “platform” and supporting essential platform capabilities
• Responsible for day-to-day sustainment and configuration of the platform including
o System Health and Telemetry
o Performance and performance tuning
o Data Quality, Protection, and Availability
• Responsible for developing and implementing solutions related to Snowflake and preparing data for Business Intelligence
• Fully document all solution work including designs and configurations
• Play an essential role in troubleshooting data system problems and provide viable solution options
What you should have
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related IT field.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in IT with a focus on Enterprise Data Solutions.
• Minimum 4 of years of experience in:
o Snowflake Data Solutions,
o Azure Cloud, preferably on Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, and Azure Data Bricks, etc.
o Data warehousing methodologies and modelling techniques Data migration methods of onprem to cloud data solutions including ELT/ETL Tools and concepts.
o Working with Batch and Stream data.
o SQL, preferrable Snowflake SQL.
o Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) Analytical Datastores.
• Experience in Snowflake utilities including SnowSLQ, Snowpipe, Snowlight for handling Streaming data is a plus.
• Expertise in Snowflake advanced concepts like setting up resource monitors, RBAC controls, virtual warehouse sizing, query performance tuning, zero copy clone, time travel and understanding how to use these features.
• Experience in in re-clustering Snowflake data with good understanding of Micro-Partition within Snowflake
• Expertise in deploying Snowflake features such as data sharing, events and lake-house patterns
• Experience in handling semi-structured data (JSON, XML) in Snowflake
• Certified Snowflake cloud data warehouse Architect (Preferred).
• Should be able to troubleshoot problems across infrastructure, platform and application domains.
• Must have experience of Agile development methodologies
• Strong written communication skills. Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication.
• Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (star and snowflake, dimensional modelling)