Assistant Project Manager
We are in the lookout for an 'Assistant Project Manager' to be responsible for handling our company's ongoing projects. You will be working closely with your team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. You will need to have proven experience in project management and the ability to lead project teams of various sizes.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
• Ensure resource availability and allocation.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
• Report and escalate to management as needed.
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
• Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
• Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
• Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
• Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
• Use and continually develop leadership skills.
• Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document need.
Skill sets/Experience we require:
• Proven working experience in project management.
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related field.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus.