Tech Lead - NOC
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2023
About the Position
- As a part of the NOC team, the NOC Engineer provides monitoring of network and system security, performance, and backup processes. The NOC Operator will utilize monitoring, alerting, and ticketing tools; utilize, maintain, and expand the knowledgebase; must be able to troubleshoot, report on and escalate issues when necessary. This position will require shift work to include nights, weekends, and holidays - to support client’s 24×7×365 data centers
What you will do
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the NOC team.
- Point of contact for all NOC escalations, both external and internal.
- Proactively monitor data and communications networks to ensure 24x7 operation and that networks are available to all system users.
- Document and resolve data communication problems.
- Develop and follow troubleshooting procedures in an effort to resolve problems.
- Contact users to correct and maintain network operations.
- Escalate problems as needed to an engineering staff.
- Records daily network statistics.
- Open, update, and close trouble tickets.
- Coordinate installation of communications equipment.
- Respond to alerts/alarms according to Standard Operating Procedure.
- Oversee the incident management process and team members involved in resolving the incident.
- Responding to a reported incident, identifying the cause, and initiating the incident management process.
- Prioritizing incidents according to severity guidelines
- Collaborating with the incident management team to ensure that all protocols are followed.
- Logging and updating all incidents and their resolutions.
- Adjusting Incident process as required to ensure effectiveness.
- Root Cause Analysis
- Produce executive-level major incident management reports.
- May be contacted occasionally to work after hours in the event of an emergency or escalation.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- At least 7 years of experience in NOC/Help Desk/ISP environment.
- Demonstratable hands-on experience of Windows and Linux (Ubuntu preferred) Server operating systems.
- Strong experience supporting and monitoring applications, network systems, servers, or storage in an enterprise environment.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with personnel in high-stress situations.
- 7+ years of experience in incident management.
- Experience working within ITSM framework (Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB).
- Should have experience working with the Service-Now tool.
- Experience with Datacenter Technologies including Public Cloud such as GCP.
- Familiarity with Java/Front-end/Mobile tech stack is an added advantage.
- Should be familiar with Cloud Services and know how to connect to them.
- Good Debugging skills to identify problems and replicate them.
- Good at analyzing logs and able to detect problems.
- Should be able to suggest automation and approach to solve recurring problems.
- Demonstrated skills in data management and problem-solving.
- Prefer to have experience in the Digital retail domain (Pharmacy, Grocery, others).
- People leadership and direction experience. For example: shift scheduling, disciplinary, hiring, etc.
- Combined features of Team Player and ability to work independently in an unstructured environment.
- Must be a self-starter and keen to explore new solutions.
- Highly motivated to work on large and complex systems.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and time management skills