Inbound Logistics Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2023
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
The Inbound Logistics Manager is accountable for the day-to-day management of inbound shipments. This includes responsibility for ensuring goods flow into our warehouses in an accurate, timely and cost-efficient manner. Working closely with the Logistics Coordinator (Inbound), you will be responsible for moving goods within tight timelines driven by the organization’s product launches and inventory needs. Being proactive and anticipating potential roadblocks is required along with strong problem-solving skills. In addition, the Inbound Logistics Manager will manage & continuously develop our inbound processes and tools as well as provide recommendations for scaling.
This role reports directly to the Director of Operations and will work closely with them to develop a suitable inbound shipment structure based on business needs as we scale. You are analytical and will develop, maintain and interpret a range of reports and data points - presenting these to the relevant stakeholders across the company, enabling the Operations team and other cross-departmental teams to make strategic business decisions. This person will act as a primary point of contact for our warehouse and provide clear communication regarding inventory levels and status with the appropriate internal staff.
- You have impeccable attention to detail and your organizational skills are exceptional
- You are highly analytical and able to use data to provide insightful recommendations and analyze opportunities to strive towards operational excellence
- You are a collaborative team player with the mindset that no task is too small
- You’re a strong communicator and able to influence stakeholders using your expertise and create optimal solutions that result in win-wins for all parties involved
- You are consistently looking for ways to make continuous improvements and create best practices to support efficiency across all operations you support
- You are a people person - this role will develop into a people-management position after 6 months.
- Managing the end-to-end inbound tracking of open Purchase OrdersVerify accuracy of style and purchase order data in Netsuite, as well as assignment of UPC codes.
- Identify shipping discrepancies on inbound/outbound shipments (shortages, overages, damages) and quickly relay problems and determine solutions with the appropriate team.
- Share vendor violations and proposed chargebacks with the production team, initiating corrective actions as needed.
- Communicate with all external partners to help deliver a smooth process for all stakeholders involved including our factories, freight forwarders, custom teams, and our 3PL partners
- Managing the inbound changes required for a diversification to an omni-channel experience for our customers - this means multi-national importation activity, master packaging changes, UPC compliance, Standardization and inbound compliance for various external partners.
- Build strong partnerships with current and future freight forwarders and understanding volume requirements for each quarter including import plans for that volume while also minimizing overall shipping inbound costs
- Perform all landed cost tracking and reporting associated with master production of goods within our ERP systems
- Liaise with production and sales teams regarding shipments and inventory availability dates.
- Managing the receiving of inventory into Netsuite.
- Creating inbound shipment best practices in partnership with our factories
- Supporting the Director of Operations with data requests for ad-hoc and monthly reporting, in addition to structured monthly reporting responsibilities.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role within Logistics, ideally within a DTC/e-Commerce warehouse environment, with 5 years experience in total.
- Must be familiar with International Importation Compliance, e.g. HS codes, duty tariffs, labeling requirements.
- Experience using Netsuite and high proficiency in Microsoft ExcelStrong analytical abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - an understanding of Mandarin is an asset.
- A post-secondary education in Business or a related field of study
- Wholesale B2B omni-channel experience an asset.
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
See more open positions at Knix
Something looks off?