Director, Talent & Organizational Development
People & HR, People & HR
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
Position Overview: As the Director of Talent & Organizational Development at Knix, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a robust learning and development strategy to foster a culture of continuous growth within a high performance work environment. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, you will lead efforts to architect our Knix Academy learning and development roadmap which will encompass a variety of learning initiatives including tiered development programs, dynamic onboarding programs, retail & sales training, leadership development, impactful workshops, and mentorship programs. You will also collaborate closely with the People team and our Leadership teams to create a learning and development calendar for our employees.
At Knix, we believe in the power of organizational development to drive our growth and success and to further strengthen our commitment to our employees towards a culture of continuous learning. This is a dynamic and visible role where you will lead all learning initiatives, build customized programs and be a supportive coach to engage our high performance culture.
What you will do
- Lead and grow our newly created vertical with the People Team to focus on the design, development and delivery of solutions that elevate organizational effectiveness, leadership capability and evolution of a high performance culture.
- Build a thriving learning culture by designing a multi-year organizational development strategy for the company which will become the evolution of our Knix Academy.
- Support senior leadership team effectiveness through design and development of solutions that enhance executive leadership team effectiveness.
- Partner cross-functionally across the People Team to drive future programming and opportunities to increase organizational effectiveness. This includes collaborating with subject matter experts across Knix in crafting new resources and experiences.
- Create compelling communications and other internal content to drive change management efforts supporting our People strategy.
- Build a learning and development hub in our Notion company wiki to enable access to readings, recorded workshops and tools for further learning.
- Be a change advocate as a co-Chair for our Knix Change Committee so that change initiatives will be supported by sound change management principles and actions.
- Define, measure, and communicate success metrics to stakeholders across the business.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or a related field.
- At least 8+ years of experience highlighting a combination of organizational effectiveness work, leadership development, culture, competency and change initiatives, including facilitation.
- Ideally, you have a certified coaching certification and strong references on practices that have made a difference for other organizations.
- You've designed, managed and scaled OD efforts in an organization within corporate and retail industries for 500+ employees.
- You have designed and developed self-serve organizational design playbooks, tools and resources for People teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven and evidence-based approach to decision-making and influencing.
- A track record of program development that delivers business impact and positive ROI for the organization.
- Strong relationship-building skills to work collaboratively with partners across the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, with an appetite for distilling sophisticated information to what matters most. Simpler is better.
- A “how can we make this better?” mentality. You recognize that “perfect” is not an end state, and continually drive for improvement through iterating.
- You are highly autonomous and have a strong ability to roll up your sleeves to foster the best programs, built in-house and designed specifically for Knix.
- You have impeccable attention to detail and you are a seasoned executor with a healthy sense of urgency where required.
- Adaptable and comfortable with change and fast growth with a strong ability to collaborate across multiple teams and channels.
- Highly organized with excellent project management skills to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Experience working in fast-growth, entrepreneurial environments is a must.
Knix is a hybrid work environment with our HQ office located in downtown Toronto (Queen and John). This role would require the incumbent to be in office 2 days every week. Only local applicants will be considered for this position.
This position will require some travel to our retail locations where needed (less than 20%).
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.