Senior Product Designer (UI/UX)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
We are seeking an experienced and talented UX/UI Manager to drive the delivery of novel user experiences and enhanced user interface that are grounded in user needs and validation. Working in close partnership with the Product Management team, they would play a key role in conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and subsequently with assistance from the UI designer translate them into user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. This role will design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing. They will be responsible to design user-centric solutions that drive conversion rates, enhance customer satisfaction, and ultimately, contribute to the company's growth.
- You’re a natural leader and collaborator. You foster great relationships with stakeholders inside and outside of the business.
- You’re curious and open to different perspectives. You seek feedback and always look for ways that you can make something better.
- You’re passionate about improving websites through good design.
- You are a motivated self-starter. You see opportunities for improvement and take initiative to get started.
- You are passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- You are passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Above all, you’re proactive, positive and inspired by Knix and our mission.
- Facilitate our product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Conduct market and competitive research to inform designs.
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Identify conversion optimization potential and devise smart solutions.
- Deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, mockups and designs optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Support the Development and QA team to make sure features are implemented as intended.
- Balance ongoing long-term projects with quick turnaround tasks, in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders. Present designs to various teams and integrate feedback from stakeholders into finalized designs.
- Be the voice of the customer in the company
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Ability it ideate strategy but also execute with collaboration of the greater product team
- Five or more years of UX/UI design experience including at least two years as a people leader. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing solutions for B2C eCommerce retail environments.
- Ability to work with customers and stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet customers' needs and our vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices around conversion rate optimization and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders.
- Research and knowledge of the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Internally role is labeled as Senior Manager, Product Designer (UI/UX)
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.