Senior Manager, HR Business Partner (16 Month)
People & HR
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
At Knix, we are building a world-class People Team and as a result, we’re looking for a Senior Manager, HR Business Partnership who is dynamic, strategic, and people-focused.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Senior Manager, HRBP will be a part of the overall growth of Knix and support HR strategies, programs, policies, and talent development of our people in pursuit of achieving business objectives. You will also provide ongoing and hands-on guidance and coaching to leaders on developing and engaging their teams. Focus areas include performance management, employee relations, organizational effectiveness, HR and L&D program deployment, workforce planning, organizational design, change management, succession and talent planning and employee rewards.
You will be working alongside and collaborating with our talented People team and will have autonomy over a portfolio that includes part of our HQ side of the business while overseeing another Business Partner. You will strategically partner with Senior Leaders on key HR initiatives and support them in driving high-performing and engaged teams. This role will have HR Business Partners reporting in.
About The Role
- Provide professional coaching and human resources guidance and partnership to your client group, considering market best practices, and strategic and organizational context while being aligned with the laws, regulations, and organizational values.
- Be the main point of contact for your portfolio group on key areas for partnerships including performance management, talent development, organizational design, employee relations, conflict resolution and support on internal processes.
- Collaborate closely with your client group to conduct needs analysis and identify talent management strategies that drive strong organizational structure, proactive resource planning and development and retention of individuals throughout the company.
- Lead, develop, and deploy strategic projects that play a key role in our ongoing programs.
- Drive organizational success by proactively using HR data to guide group leaders, solve complex challenges, identify trends, and recommend effective HR strategies.
- Challenge the status quo and seek creative solutions to complex questions related to all areas of human resources including but not limited to engagement, compensation, talent, and performance management.
- Offer coaching and mentorship to junior business partners.
- You are a hands-on HR professional with a people-first mindset who excels in building strong relationships and collaborating with your client group to ensure the business's overall success.
- You are a strategic leader who understands business operations and has experience in program development and delivery to support scaling teams and organizational growth.
- You thrive in dynamic environments can work with a sense of urgency and are adaptable while providing results that meet the ever-changing needs of the business to support our people best.
- You can consult and build strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization & use your expertise to influence key stakeholders and Senior Leaders.
- You are a coach and mentor who knows how to develop and motivate others to achieve results and develop them to the next step in their career.
- You are a strategic self-starter and are motivated to create and develop processes and resources to continue to support this growing portfolio.
- You are a collaborative team player who possesses critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a people-first perspective.
- You are an innovator and collaborator who can work with cross-functional partners creating win-win situations with optimal results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a combination of Education and relevant experience.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in human resources and at least 5 years of prior experience as an HR Business Partner supporting HQ functions such as Digital, e-commerce, Social, etc. dealing directly with Senior leadership and/or CHRL designation is an asset.
- Experience with US and Canadian employment law and regulations is considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze strategic, complex business and culture drivers and translate them into critical talent strategies and initiatives to affect change in short-term, while contributing to long-term vision.
- Strong communication, leadership interpersonal, and problem-solving skills with proven skills in communication, relationship-building and influencing best practices.
- Proven track record of raising leadership awareness, cultivating engagement, and creating alignment across teams and levels within the company.
- Strong project & program management skills: Ability to effectively lead, plan, organize, and execute tasks and projects within designated timeframes.
- A flexible, agile, and resilient approach to working in a dynamic ever-changing organizational environment, high tolerance for ambiguity with motivation to bring clarity and confidence.
Note: Please note Knix has a hybrid work environment, with the requirement to be in our Downtown Toronto office at least 2+ days a week. Building strong relationships and collaborating internally is important to us!
Internally this role is referred to as Senior HR Business Partner (Senior Manager level)
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.