Software Engineering, Product
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
The Product Developer will support complete development of Knix products from initial drawings to final sample, liaising with factories and also travel to offshore factories to follow progress and check production, sourcing trims and fabrics, communicating with vendors.
- You take initiative to find solutions & are resourceful.
- You are proactive and can identify challenges while also proposing effective improvements in building and elevating products.
- You can provide technical direction in the development of new products.
- You can ensure that products meet the brand’s fit & quality standards.
- You're collaborative & pursuing product excellence while meeting specification standards.
- You've strong time management and can work within timelines and to meet deadlines in accordance with sourcing team
- Above all, you’re proactive, positive and inspired by Knix and our mission.
- Collaborate with the Design Director and Product Development Manager in creating technical drawings for Tech Packs and line boards.
- Responsible for initiating technical/specification packages for vendors and keeping the document up to date as the garment moves through the development process.
- Attend fittings and ensure products meet fit standards and design specifications.
- Responsible for lab dip communication and tracking
- Communicate with vendors on a daily basis.
- Oversee label and trim development.
- Responsible for maintaining the library of vendor submissions for fabric, trims, etc
- Working with Design Manager on lab dip colour selection and approval comments (fabrics & trims)
- Product packaging and product labels development (what is required per product, sizes of items, placement of labels, etc.)
- Product packaging/product labels approvals (submissions from Creative and submissions from Vendors)
- Other duties as required
- At least 3 years of experience in Product Development at an intermediate level including previous experience within similar commodities
- Deep understanding of the design process and production cycle
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality technical drawings and garment construction sketches
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines within a fast paced production environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated project management and organization skills
- Ability to communicate with internal/external stakeholders and third-party vendors
- Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop)
- Experience in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- The ability to leverage subject matter expertise to make informed decisions when required or within scope of role
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.