Visual Merchandising Lead
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
We are looking for a dedicated Visual Merchandising Lead to join our team. This is a new role and function at Knix, where as the first member of the Visual Merchandising team, this role will play a pivotal role in the business. The Visual Merchandising Lead will work closely with cross-functional teams including Merchandising (GTM & assortment planning), Planning (demand & allocations), and Retail Operations to ensure product assortment, product plans, and planograms align enable stores to meet sales plans. This role will also work closely with our Retail Operations teams to create a shoppable in-store experience that is visually appealing and immersive, reflecting our brand’s essence and our customers’ needs.
- Able to synthesize data and develop recommendations to drive business decisions
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Flexible and able to perform in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Able to build collaborative relationships with key cross-functional partners
- You customer-focused and bring this lens to create a shoppable experience in-store
- Above all, you are proactive, positive, and inspired by Knix and our mission!
- Collaborate with the Merchandising, Planning and Allocation teams to develop VM directives that align with our retail product assortment structure during the Go-To-Market (GTM) process.
- Work in partnership with Merchandising, Planning and Allocation to develop new store opening product plans.
- Lead the strategic planning and execution of VM across our store locations, ensuring adherence to guidelines.
- Provide monthly planograms (store and window), product assortment line boards, and visual merchandising direction to our in-store teams.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to devise monthly merchandising concepts that align with quarterly targets and plans.
- Coordinate with the team to align on Omni-channel promotional moments and specific marketing events.
- Train and educate store staff on visual merchandising principles and guidelines, fostering a culture of visual excellence.
- Lead the visual merchandising and execution process for new store openings, in collaboration with retail operations and planning.
- Initiate the development of new VM tools and processes to elevate our brand experience.
- Maintain regular communication with retail store leadership, actively seeking feedback and fostering a collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with the In-Store Experience team to create compelling retail assets.
- Bachelor's degree in Visual Merchandising, Fashion, or a related field preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in a corporate visual merchandising role that is integrated with the Merchandising/Buying, Merchandise Planning, and Retail Operations functions, from planning to execution.
- Strong preference for candidates with previous experience working within a Visual Merchandising's corporate function for an apparel brand who can instil best practices & build the function
- Demonstrated strong design sensibility and creative skills.
- A passion for Visual Merchandising and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of current fashion trends and a solid understanding of Knix's brand values.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in design software and visual merchandising tools.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and spirit.
- Flexibility to travel to various store locations as needed.
- Above all, you are proactive, positive, and deeply inspired by Knix and our mission.
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.