Store Manager (Westboro)
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Knix is an award winning direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space. With stores across North America and over 2 million customers, we are revolutionizing the retail industry with our best-in-class customer experience and products. Come join us if you are looking for a purpose driven and authentic career!
The Store Manager will lead, and develop a team of Assistant Manager, Leads, and Associates who together create an inclusive environment for customers to explore the Knix product line in-store while driving business results. Actively listening to client needs and preferences, you lead your team in delivering an exceptional customer experience from the moment our guests enter the store. You are passionate about coaching and developing a team across all areas of the business and have experience in eventing to further build a sense of community, engage new customers, and continue to drive results. Ultimately you are a people-first leader who can empower a high-performing team to continuously exceed targets and create a world-class customer experience.
What's in it for you (Benefits and Perks)
- Competitive Pay - Base Salary plus Monthly Bonus, with performance based pay increases.
- Flexibility - A schedule that includes Sunday and Monday off! As well as vacation days, floater days, sick days and more!
- Health - Health benefits program that starts on your first day, and access to a mental health & wellness platform that offers therapy and coaching sessions
- Family - A Parental Leave Top-Up Program up to 80% of your salary
- Savings and Retirement: Company GRSP Program that matches up to (3%) of your pay
- Work Environment- A one-of-a-kind culture that is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace where all our team members can bring their whole selves to work
- Product Discount- Generous employee discounts that offer up to 50% on your favourite Knix products
- Career Advancement- Monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual awards and recognition and the opportunity to advance in your career - We are growing FAST
- You have a pulse on what Knix customers want and know how to attract, engage, and delight them throughout the client experience.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and have the ability to think on your feet.
- You understand what we all experience in fitting rooms and are a natural at making others feel comfortable.
- You have business acumen to support critical thinking, a bias for action when decision-making, and an entrepreneurial mindset when problem-solving.
- You’re a people-first leader who empowers + engages their team to drive business results.
- You’re passionate about our customers and inspired by Knix and our mission.
- Proactively drive and increase sales volume through listening to guest’s needs and through a solid understanding of Knix’s suite of products. Coach and provide feedback to associates on maximizing sales while balancing service.
- Strong understanding of KPI’s, what they are and how to influence them as well as pivoting when required based on business needs. Review and communicate the daily, weekly and quarterly store sales targets.
- Maintain operational excellence by training the team on cycle counting + inventory management best practices to ensure accuracy of product counts, timely receipt of shipment, and loss prevention.
- Ensure team members maintain the visual standards of the store at all times to create a world-class shopping experience.
- Support the Marketing initiatives with on-the-ground execution of logistics for special events through the use of marketing collateral
- Support with the openings and operations of future stores and pop-ups for Knix, which may include but is not limited to onboarding and training of staff, initial store set-up from an operational and merchandising perspective, and event execution.
- Creating a memorable employee experience through orientation, onboarding, and ongoing training + development.
- Previous experience in a retail management role leading a similar size team and/or store volume.
- Ability to lead your team to drive business results and deliver excellence in the customer experience.
- Proven experience recruiting, developing, and retaining a high performing team who consistently meet and exceed store KPIs.
- The ability to problem solve and exercise appropriate decision-making to produce optimal results.
- Experience planning + executing community events both in-store and out-of-store is an asset.
- Open availability to ensure business needs are met including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have the necessary work authorization to be legally employed in Canada and be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to lift and handle packages weighing up to 2 lbs
- Ability to move efficiently through the store for long periods of time and as needed for an entire shift.
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.