Senior Graphic Designer
Software Engineering, Design
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
We’re looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to produce compelling visual content for the Knix brand. As a member of the creative team, the Senior Graphic Designer will produce assets for all of our marketing channels (including email, social, digital advertising, and in-store collateral) as well as ad-hoc requests from other cross-functional teams.
- You’re a first principle thinker and creative problem solver. Where others see obstacles, you see opportunities and possibilities.
- Everything you do, you start with the users first point of view. You’re curious about our users, problems we want to solve and finding creative and effective ways to communicate with our users.
- You’re agile and results driven. You master the right balance between perfection and fast execution to achieve overarching business goals.
- You’re a strong conceptual thinker with an innate talent for visual storytelling.
- You’re an effective communicator and excellent at prioritization to support the stakeholders across the organization.
- You’re great at receiving and giving feedback to grow and aim for excellence.
- You’re constantly staying up to date with cultural, lifestyle and fashion trends that influence Knix’s marketing strategy.
- Above all, you’re proactive, positive and inspired by Knix and our mission!
- Designing and producing materials for all Knix marketing channels – emails, digital and traditional advertising, in-store signage, etc.
- Collaborating with the other members of the Knix Creative Department (Copywriters, Art Directors, Creative Director) to develop concepts for marketing materials.
- Meet regularly with members of other Knix functional teams (Digital Advertising, Product Design, Social Media) to collect insights into our initiatives, products, and customers, as well as doing independent research into trends and topics influencing the intimates category and apparel in general.
- Working closely with the creative team to manage brand consistency by implementing type and design standards and updating our brand guidelines as the brand grows and evolves.
- Mentoring graphic designers on other projects and keeping a strong design eye on all designed assets in progress.
- Translating overarching concepts and ideas into compelling assets.
- Experience and confidence taking on large scale design projects which require complicated design systems.
- Managing projects and delivery in adherence with the brand campaign and launch calendar.
- 5 to 7+ years experience in Graphic Design in a Marketing or Advertising context. Within that, we're seeking 5+ years experience in email, social paid and gif assets development.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- Demonstrated excellence in digital design and production
- Strong typography skills
- Branding experience
- Motion design experience
- Any additional experience with photo retouching, packaging design, UX or motion animation is strong asset
- Retail or related category experience a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills with an ability to bring abstract ideas to life
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deliverables within a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail; can manage a wide variety of tasks and projects
- Passion for design and creating new ideas
- Post-secondary diploma in Graphic Design or related field of study
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.