Talent Acquisition Specialist (Knix Retail)
People & HR
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2023
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
The People team at Knix is growing, and we have added a net-new role as a Talent Acquisition Specialist (Knix Retail)! The successful candidate will partner with our Retail Operations teams to source, engage, and attract top talent for our stores across North America!
The Talent Acquisition Specialist owns all recruitment activities and initiatives within their portfolio, including full-cycle recruitment (source to hire) for our high-growth Knix Retail Stores across North America and our Corporate Office (HQ) in Toronto as needed. The bigger your appetite to learn new areas of the business, the greater your opportunity to diversify your talent acquisition experience. As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will foster strong partnerships with your stakeholders & hiring managers to attract top talent while delivering excellence across the candidate experience.
In addition, you’re a relationship builder who takes a proactive approach to recruitment and engages with relevant communities on an ongoing basis to ensure we attract + hire talent that is diverse in thought, experience, and background. In addition to owning full-cycle recruitment, this role will support the talent acquisition team across various initiatives, including recruitment operations, talent attraction, and employer branding to support our overall TA strategy. This is a Talent Acquisition function committed to using creative strategies to find and win talent across North America!
- You thrive in dynamic environments and can work with a sense of urgency & moving targets while providing effective & timely full-cycle recruitment that meets the ever-changing needs of the business.
- You’re resourceful in attracting diverse talent, sourcing superstars, and building high-performing teams. You are a strong communicator who knows how to keep multiple stakeholders informed while managing a high volume of requisitions.
- You are passionate about providing an excellent candidate experience by going above and beyond to achieve it.
- You are organized and can work in a fast-paced environment and remain iterative to support Retail Operations as they scale.
- You can leverage recruitment metrics and empower your hiring teams to make data-driven decisions based on the ever-changing recruitment landscape.
- You are curious, driven by the need to uncover additional details while anchoring your recommendations using the facts.
- You can identify continuous improvement methods, including processes and workflows to ensure time and/or cost savings.
- Above all, you’re proactive, positive and inspired by Knix and its mission!
About the Role:
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process for all hourly & salaried Retail positions while providing a world-class candidate experience.
- Maintain a high volume of requisitions effectively (30-40+) while considering talent mobility and mapping for the district(s).
- Search for and activate passive candidates to nurture a pipeline of diverse top talent for key positions for current and prospective opportunities with a continuous pulse on the talent landscape.
- Uphold equitable hiring standards with hiring managers to ensure candidates are interviewed, assessed, and evaluated using a standardized and consistent method.
- Consult hiring managers to educate them on the talent landscape and align them to Knix recruitment practices.
- Support reporting, review data, and leverage insights to inform hiring decisions to demonstrate impact and recommendations when working with all stakeholders.
- Drive applications using social media tools like LinkedIn, Indeed, professional networking, direct sourcing, social media, external boards and employee referrals.
- Support initiatives that bring our employer brand to life and support the business in our talent attraction while assisting in other TA-related projects.
- You’ll act as a change champion, supporting and promoting changes to our recruitment processes, technologies and programs as required.
- You have at least 3-4+ years of experience in a high volume, full-cycle recruitment role managing multiple requisitions and clients.
- You have a track record of maintaining a high requisition load and can manage high-volume recruitment periods (i.e. seasonal recruitment and/or new store openings).
- Experience in a corporate retail recruitment environment is considered a strong asset.
- You have a multichannel approach to recruitment that includes inbound, sourcing, referrals, social media etc.
- Experience with developing strategies for new roles is strongly preferred – we are growing, and new roles come up often!
- You have used tools like LinkedIn Recruiter & Indeed Resume and maintained an Applicant Tracking System effectively to support talent operations, pipelining, and sourcing.
- You have exceptional storytelling and influencing skills to positively represent Knix in the market as an employer of choice.
- You are a strong, clear communicator who knows how to keep stakeholders on the same page.
- You have demonstrated skill in building meaningful relationships with hiring managers and candidates.
- You are highly self-directed and solution-oriented with a high sense of urgency to deliver results and meet business deadlines.
- You have experience championing diversity and inclusion programs or initiatives.
- Please note Knix has a hybrid work environment, with requirement to be in our Downtown Toronto office at least 2+ days a week. Building strong relationships and collaborating internally is important to us!
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.