Vice President & General Manager of Knix Retail
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
The Vice President/GM of Knix Retail is primarily responsible for crafting and driving a retail strategy that drives profitable and capital-efficient store growth, delivers memorable in-store experiences, and enhances the Knix and Kt brands across the North American marketplace. This position will own the P&L for physical retail, execute the real estate strategy and lead by example through cultivating Knix’s values across the retail stores. Successful candidates are people-first leaders who can rally the organization around the vision for retail, influence cross-functional partners to drive key initiatives, make data-informed business decisions, and lead through others to effect change.
This individual will be required to passionately coach, develop and empower the retail operations team and store managers to drive a culture of belonging, accountability, professional growth, and collaboration. This position will be based in Toronto and will report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
Creating Team Success:
- Demonstrate servant leadership by focusing on the growth and well-being of the team.
- Inspire, motivate and manufacture wins for your team members.
- Regularly visit and spend time in stores to develop relationships with the store teams, celebrate their successes, and listen to their feedback on opportunities and challenges.
- Coach and develop a cross-functional retail operations team to support the stores.
- Direct the development of a talent on-boarding and training manuals and programs, inclusive of product education, fitting experience, customer service guidelines, and visual merchandising excellence.
- Own the talent development strategy, programming and planning for retail.
- Galvanize the organization and the retail team around a common vision for retail while celebrating key milestones and success storiesRelentlessly uphold our values.
Driving Business Results:
- Own and drive the retail P&L to exceed targets while advancing corporate strategies.
- Own the execution of real estate initiatives, including planning, capital budgeting, lease execution, store opening, expansion, relocation and closing processes.
- Oversee the design and construction of retail stores in partnership with third parties, where applicable.
- Act as the primary liaison between cross-functional departments and retail to ensure that strategies and information are cascaded in a timely and consistent manner.
- Collaborate with merchandising and planning to optimize store assortments and allocations and exceed customer expectations.
- Identify future opportunities by understanding consumer needs through store feedback and market research.
- Coordinate with the marketing and merchandising teams to support seasonal product launch strategies and execute visual merchandising standards.
- Develop sales initiatives that optimize key retail metrics, with a focus on traffic, conversion, average order value, units per transaction, same-store sales growth, payroll %, and revenue per labour hour.
- Work closely with the retail marketing team to devise traffic-driving marketing tactics and ensure your stores are integrated into the community.
- Direct the development of new store opening processes, focusing on recruiting and hiring a new team, training, & onboarding.
- You have unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
- You have a passion for hiring, coaching, motivating and developing people.
- You can develop a vision for retail and can translate it into actionable strategies.
- You are a results-oriented and collaborative leader who can influence internal stakeholders to align direction and achieve common goals.
- You possess the emotional and intellectual agility to solve problems, influence others, lead a large team, and make good people and business decisions.
- You love visiting retail stores to interact with customers and the team.
- You keep a pulse on the retail landscape and trends while also considering the local markets to help inform your decisions.
- You have strong financial acumen and can balance retail analytics with intuition and prior experiences to make sound business decisions.
- You have experience with retail real estate site selection and negotiating transactions.
- You understand how to impact retail KPIs through people, processes, systems and tools.
- Above all, you are proactive, positive and inspired by Knix and our mission!
- Minimum of 12+ years’ of retail and operational experience, with at least 2 years of experience with real estate planning and transaction execution.
- A proven ability to define and inspire others to achieve corporate objectives and strategies.
- Excellent leadership skills and a keen interest in and track record of hiring, developing and coaching high-performing teams.
- Strong financial acumen and an understanding of translating behaviours into actions that drive results.
- Keen ability to build relationships across functions and at all levels of an organization.
- A creative and adaptable leader with a collaborative and positive attitude.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed for store visits.
- Experience in apparel a plus.
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.