Assistant Store Manager (Winnipeg)
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
We are looking for an Assistant Store Manager who can help build, lead, and develop a team of associates in partnership with the Store Manager to create an inclusive environment for customers as they explore the store and Knix’s product line. Actively listening to client needs and preferences, you lead your team in delivering exceptional customer experience from the moment our guests enter the store. You are passionate about coaching and developing a team across all business areas, including but not limited to sales + service; product knowledge + brand history and operational excellence, including day-to-day operations, visuals, and merchandising; and more. You know your customers + community and have experience in building a sense of community, engaging new customers, and continuing to drive results.
Knix is one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada! This is a fantastic opportunity to do meaningful & impactful work and to be part of an organization that is empowering people everywhere!
Knix Store Location: 1485 Portage Avenue, Unit L117A, Winnipeg, MB, R3G 0W4 (Polo Park Mall)
What's in it for you:
- Highly competitive base salary plus monthly bonus!
- Health benefits program that starts on your first day
- Parental Leave Top-Up Program
- Get the time off you need with a package that includes vacation, floater days, sick days and more!
- Company Match GRSP Program (3%)
- Access to a mental health & wellness platform that offers therapy and coaching sessions
- A one-of-a-kind culture that is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace where all our team members can bring their whole selves to work
- Generous employee discounts that offer up to 50% on your favourite Knix products
- Opportunities for monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual awards and recognition
- Opportunities to advance in your career - We are growing!
- You have a pulse on what Knix customers want and know how to attract, engage, and delight them throughout the client experience
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and have the ability to think on your feet
- You understand what we all experience in fitting rooms and are a natural at making others feel comfortable
- You’re a people-first leader who empowers + engages their team to drive business results
- You’re passionate about our customers and inspired by Knix and our mission.
- Coach and develop your team, ensure you are promoting a positive and fun working environment that drives financial results
- Help manage business aspects of the shop including P&L ownership and sales planning
- Support the store manager with hiring, training and developing an exceptional team
- Open and close the store, consistently meeting Knix standards
- Report on daily store targets
- Create a comfortable and uplifting end-to-end experience for all Knix customers
- Stay knowledgeable on our growing product assortment – and wear it, too!
- Ensure all products are merchandised effectively to reflect our brand and drive sales
- Handle any issues or opportunities that arise accurately and confidently
- Continually work to improve cleanliness, set-up and organization in all areas of the store
- Previous experience in a retail lead/management role leading a similar size team and/or store volume.
- Ability to lead your team to drive business results and deliver excellence in the customer experience.
- Proven experience recruiting, developing, and retaining a high-performing team consistently meeting and exceeding store KPIs.
- Experience planning + executing community events both in-store and out-of-store is an asset.
- Open availability to ensure business needs are met, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.