Senior Inventory Planner
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
As the Senior Inventory Planner you will be responsible for driving financial performance and inventory productivity, with the goal of meeting/exceeding sales, margin and inventory turn targets; while decreasing overall inactive, residual stock. Partnering with merchandising, Planning and Allocation, the incumbent will develop exception reporting to identify opportunities within our Core, Full Price & Inactive Assortments; reporting, measuring and managing inventory through key KPI’s – OTB, ST%, WOS, and turn rate expectations to optimize inventory. This is an exciting new role as our Planning team continues to grow!
- Omni channel savvy, consumer-centric, and able to balance qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Entrepreneurial, strategic, and results-oriented with a keen aptitude to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Strong ability to create and drive initiatives forward.
- Clear communicator with the ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Above all, you’re proactive, positive, and inspired by Knix and our mission!
- Responsible for planning, optimization and overall management of inventory in Knix retail stores.
- Provide in-depth inventory performance analysis through exception reporting and make recommendations to maximize business opportunities.
- Build an Inventory dashboard; focus on the analytics, financial and inventory performance.
- Manage demand signal; Proactively identify and anticipate forward WOSInfluence overall markdown process to ensure smooth launch/exit of inventory.
- Challenge the status quo and consistently identify areas for improvement, diagnose issues and working to resolve them.
- Collaborate with key partners to drive flexible and iterative solutions quickly and easily.
- Share technical knowledge with others and actively seek to learn from those more knowledgeable than yourself.
- Celebrate the diversity of thought and have an open mindset.
- 7+ years of Retail Inventory Management experience or equivalent business-related experience.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze and utilize financial measurements, including sales, gross margin, receipt flow, size curves, OTB, etc.
- Experience with systems such as Netsuite, BI and mass data is strongly preferred.
- Advanced skills in Excel and data management.
- Demonstrate ability to build and maintain productive and cohesive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to influence senior management, peers, direct reports and cross-functional/business matrix while demonstrating strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to deal with change and uncertainty while problem-solving robust solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines, multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Ability to effectively manage details and demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, including expert proficiency in Microsoft Suite, and Google.
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.