Logistics Coordinator (Outbound)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
The Logistics Coordinator (Outbound) is accountable for the day-to-day coordination of 3PL activities as it relates to the Outbound order fulfilment of our B2C, B2B and other order requests. Leaning on a blend of both analytical and business skills, they will continuously push for improvements and operational efficiencies internally and externally, whilst understanding our SLA expectations of our warehousing partners, the SOP’s we have in place, and ultimately ensuring they are held accountable to adhere to both.
- You are able to use data to provide insightful recommendations and analyze opportunities to strive towards operational excellence
- You are a collaborative team player with the mindset that no task is too small
- You’re a strong communicator and able to influence stakeholders using your expertise and create optimal solutions that result in win-wins for all parties involved
- You are consistently looking for ways to make continuous improvements and create best practices to support efficiency across all operations you support
- You can build relationships and hold cross-functional partners accountable to service level agreements to ensure client + business needs are met
- Above all, you’re proactive, positive and inspired by Knix's mission!
- Work closely with the warehouse operations team to ensure our processing SLA’s are met, costs are closely managed, and that all day-to-day 3PL related logistics are running smoothly. Be the first point of contact for day-to-day BAU outbound operations at Knix.
- Ensuring integrations with critical data systems supplying the 3PLs are working in unison and as intended. This will include maintaining and actioning on a series of dynamic reports which will identify data blockages between our systems, backorders, and ‘troubled orders’ e.g. cancellation or replacements required.
- Manage the processing of cancellations and replacement orders, and developing further automation within this area. Work closely with our customer experience team and outbound monitoring tools to understand where there are network issues so that a quick resolution can be found.
- Monthly reporting duties relating to outbound performance, and cancellations.
- Constantly optimizie outbound carrier strategy and improving customer experience.
- Strategize and coordinate non-conforming business tasks for our 3PL partners (Peak season operational planning, warehouse sales, returns processing, temporary SOP changes)
- Focus on improving our warehouse processing times, and our transit times to customers.
- Communicate product launches, timings, downtimes in our business with the 3PL and wider business
- Management of outbound Retail Store orders, PR / influencer order management, and non-conforming international orders.
- Managing Outbound activities relating to physical/brick and mortar sale events
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role within Logistics, ideally within a DTC/e-Commerce warehouse environment
- High attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvements from our 3PLs with the ability to proactively identify anomalies
- Skilled in quantitative and business analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail – this role requires the successful candidate to be driven to demand continuous improvements from our 3PLs. That starts with having a detailed view of their performance daily, and having the ability to recognize anomalies before it’s too late.
- Willingness to visit our DC’s – You will be expected to build and maintain a professional relationship with the external teams.
- Ability to identify an issue quickly, step back, communicate the issue, and recommend an outcome.
- Experience using an eCommerce platform (e.g. Shopify) coupled with an ERP system (ideally Netsuite) would be an advantage to be successful in this role.
- Experience in cross-border commercial invoice creation relating to the transportation of these would be highly beneficial
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Suite products, specifically Excel or Sheets
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.