Assistant Store Manager (Southgate)
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
The Assistant Store Manager will build, lead, and develop a team of associates in partnership with the Store Manager to create an inclusive environment for customers as they explore the store and Knix’s product line. Actively listening to client needs and preferences, you lead your team in delivering exceptional customer experience from the moment our guests enter the store. You are passionate about coaching and developing a team across all areas of the business including but not limited to sales + service; product knowledge + brand history; operational excellence including day-to-day operations, visuals, and merchandising; and more. You know your customers + community and have experience in eventing to further build a sense of community, engage new customers, and continue to drive results.
Please note, this is a Pop-up location at Southgate for Fall 2023/Winter 2024 that will transition to a permanent location in the new year.
- You have a pulse on what Knix customers want and know how to attract, engage, and delight them throughout the client experience
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and have the ability to think on your feet
- You understand what we all experience in fitting rooms and are a natural at making others feel comfortable
- You’re a people-first leader who empowers + engages their team to drive business results
- You’re passionate about our customers and inspired by Knix and our mission.
- Coach and develop your team, ensure you are promoting a positive and fun working environment that drives financial results
- Help manage business aspects of the shop including P&L ownership and sales planning
- Help manage general operational needs (like ordering shop supplies) and organizing shop events
- Support the store manager with hiring, training and developing an exceptional team
- Open and close the shop, consistently meeting Knix standards
- Report on daily store targets
- Create a comfortable and uplifting end-to-end experience for all Knix customers
- Stay knowledgeable on our growing product assortment – and wear it, too!
- Ensure all products are merchandised effectively to reflect our brand and drive sales
- Handle any issues or opportunities that arise accurately and confidently
- Continually work to improve cleanliness, set-up and organization in all areas of the store
- Facilitate purchase and return/exchange process through the POS system.
- Previous experience in a retail management role leading a similar size team and/or store volume.
- Ability to lead your team to drive business results and deliver excellence in the customer experience
- Proven experience recruiting, developing, and retaining a high performing team who consistently meet and exceed store KPIs
- Experience planning + executing community events both in-store and out-of-store is an asset.
- Previous experience with Shopify POS system considered an asset
- Open availability to ensure business needs are met including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.