Manager, Site Merchandising
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
The Digital Team at Knix is looking for a Manager, Site Merchandising to shape the future of site merchandising as we complete our transition to a new site design and after implementing new back end systems, including merchandising tools such as a new Content Management System (CMS), new search engine, and new site analytics platform. We are looking for a candidate who is obsessed with the customer experience, bringing together the art and science of merchandising, while partnering with cross-functional teams to bring the brand to life across digital assets. This role will work to optimize new back end systems, lead the site merchandising function, and manage a small team.
Keeping the customer experience at the centre of every decision, you will be responsible for all site merchandising, from strategy, planning through to day-to-day execution. You will oversee product taxonomy, site search and navigation, promotions, new product / colour launches, product information and supporting of site content. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, process and organizational skills as well as outstanding business acumen. The ideal candidate will be skilled at building teams and growing individuals.
- You problem solve using both your right brain and left brain. You have a passion for exploring data and formulating insights to drive towards action. You also consider the brand guidelines and aesthetic when forming site strategies
- You are an expert in partnering and earning trust with internal business leaders to drive and influence key business decisions
- You are adaptable and self-motivated. You thrive working in a dynamic fast-paced environment – the hustle excites you
- Above all, you’re proactive, positive, and inspired by Knix and our mission.
- Create, manage and deliver site merchandising strategies for Knix to achieve revenue and margin targets, with consideration for customer behaviour, brand aesthetics, and inventory availability
- Drive decisions that support the creation of a compelling path to purchase, through the entire conversion funnel, including homepage, campaign and landing pages, product listing pages, and product detail pages
- Develop and deliver merchandising and execution plans for new product launches, promotions, and other brand initiatives tailored to both new customers and returning buyers
- Leverage site analytics to monitor performance and continuously optimize product placement and discoverability (homepage, collections pages, navigation, promotions, product pages) to improve customer experience, maximize conversion and achieve sales targets
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Customer Empowerment and Operations to improve decision support and incorporate customer feedback
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all design and decision-making processes
- Accountable to lead and develop the Merchandising Specialist, who is responsible for updating site assets, loading product images, product copy, UGC, and regular site QA to ensure accurate and consistent site experience
- Ensure all site assets (images, copy, UGC) are aligned with available brand guidelines
- Continuously optimize process to improve efficiency and team output
- 4+ years’ experience in site merchandising for an e-commerce website
- 2+ years’ experience leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in making site changes to positively improve site conversion rate
- Advanced skill using web analytics and A/B testing to optimize product and category performance and related customer behaviour
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design ideas, and solutions to co-workers
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Shopify Platform is considered a strong plus
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.