Senior Backend Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, February 7, 2023
We’re a highly skilled team of software engineers who are building an awesome product and moving fast. We value people who take initiatives, and empower everyone at Klue to make a real change in the product or processes.
We are looking for Backend Engineers to work with our team to deliver high quality products in the most efficient way.
Q: Klue who?
A: We’re Klue and from a technical perspective, Klue’s mission is to descale huge amounts of data to the human level, so people can process it and make use of it. Klue is that trusted intermediary, right now it’s proven for sales enablement, but tomorrow it’s all teams enablement.
Q: What level of experience are we looking for?
A: Right now we are looking for senior level experienced Back-End Engineers.
Q: What is our development team working on?
A: As part of our backend team, we are concerned with data storage and retrieval and the infrastructure to enable that. Here’s what our development team is working on and the opportunity for motivated Software Engineers to dig into, alongside us:
- Big Data - lots of data
- Ingesting thousands of news articles, web pages, marketing and sales data points per day. The challenge is indexing them for a long period of time and making them searchable and ready for different analysis.
- Expanding our Rails REST API and offering public APIs to enable integrations.
- Architect infrastructure for a scalable, resilient and robust service. We are migrating from a monolith architecture to K8S-hosted microservices.
Q: What is our current tech stack?
A: Python (Flask), Ruby (Rails), PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, GCP, AWS, Tensorflow, Keras, Docker, Kubernetes.
Q: Are you REMOTE FRIENDLY 🤩 ?
A: YES! Our hub is in Vancouver, BC, but we currently have team members in a couple of other hubs across Canada (Toronto & Winnipeg) and other countries.
Q: What skills do you bring?
- Expertise in relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience in designing REST APIs
- Experience using NoSQL databases such as Elasticsearch or MongoDB is a plus
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP is a plus
- Bonus if you have Data Engineering interest and experience; ETL Pipelines, Snowplow, Snowflake, Big Query Redshift, Airflow, or equivalent.
Q: What motivates our current team right now?
- The type of work. Challenging, stimulating and meaningful work. New and relevant tech stack. We know engineers/developers especially want to work on hard technical and innovative problems.
- The inspiration from skilled and proven leaders.
- Entrepreneurial fingerprints on what will be a future billion dollar company anchored in Canada.
- Culture, team, and the work environment.
- High degree of autonomy and accountability.
- High degrees of transparency and high quality communication.
Q: What are the people at Klue like?
- Intellectually Curious
- Objective Oriented
- Check us out!
Q: What about total compensation & benefits?
- Benefits. We currently have extended health benefits starting on your 1st day.
- Time off. Take what you need. We want the team to prioritize wellness and avoid burnout. Vacation usually falls into 3 categories: recharging, life-event, & keeping a work-life balance. Just ensure the required work gets done and clear it with your team in advance. You need to take at least two weeks off every year. The average Klue team member takes 2-4 weeks of PTO per year.
- Work-life integration: Hybrid work model, flexible working schedules, and a global team.
⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
Lastly, we take potential into consideration. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of the specifics listed above. If you know you have what it takes, even if that’s different from what we’ve described, be sure to explain why in your application. Reach out and let’s see if there is a home here for you now or in the future.
We’ve made a commitment to support and contribute to a diverse environment; on our teams and in our community. We’re early in our journey; we've started employee led resource groups, committed to Pay Up For Progress, and use success profiles for roles instead of 'years of experience'. We continue to scale our efforts as Klue grows. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have dedicated that commitment to our current and future #kluecrew. During the interview process, please let us know if there is anything we need to make more accessible or accommodate to support you to be successful.
All interviews will be conducted via video calls. We work in a hybrid model of WFH (remote) and in-office. We’re excited to meet you and in the meantime, get to know us:
✅✅ Win-Loss Acquisition (2023)
🅰️ Series A (2020)
🐅 Series B (2021)
🐝 About Us
See more open positions at Klue
Something looks off?