Data Analytics Engineer
Water is arguably the most important resource in the world and yet the industry is notoriously slow at innovating and adopting new technologies that allow them to easily automate endless hours of non-productive admin work from skilled workers. The cost of water is rising as an aging workforce is unable to adapt and multi-million dollar infrastructure decisions are being made without the best data. Our mission is about making water better, and it starts with the professionals at the nexus of all water decisions in a community. Klir will be the operating system for water and we have started on that journey by building the first work enablement platform for water. It’s designed to reduce the burden of administration so the experts can dedicate their precious time to solving a critical problem for our species.
Founded originally in Dublin, Ireland in 2018, Klir is a US Headquartered company with offices in the US, Canada and Ireland. Klir is a remote first company and is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the water industry. We are venture backed by some of the highest profile and most reputable funds including Insight Partners, Bowery Capital & Spider Capital.
Location: This position is fully remote.
We are looking for a Data Analytics Engineer that can help us build compelling insights and visualizations, supporting informed decisions about water.
The Data Analytics Engineer is responsible for developing the analytical and reporting capability of the Klir Platform including, for example developing BI tabular models (star schema, snowflake etc..), visualizations, reports and dashboards that provide insight and perspective to the challenges of water system management. The Data Analytics Engineer is also responsible for integrating analytics capability into the Klir Platform e.g. big data analysis, and tools such as Azure Open AI which make the user’s experience as painless as possible while answering their questions in a clear concise way.
As part of our engineering team, you will work with data from multiple sources, managing ETL and compliance rule’s engine, to undertake tasks such as compliance analysis, alerting users of non-compliance events, and create front end dashboards and reporting visualizations for our product. You have a strong eye for great design, and focus on how to unlock meaning and value from data.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Responsible for Klir’s Analytical capability including BI Tabular models, artificial Intelligence tools etc.
- Leverage product and end-user data marts, schemas and models needed for monitoring, compliance and operational analysis and/or reporting and visualization
- Implement solutions using Microsoft Power BI tool suite and related technologies
- Lead BI software development, deployment, and maintenance to develop reports, dashboards & scorecards, data exploration and visual analytics
- Work as part of a team to design and develop solutions
- Build proof of concept examples and break down requested design into clearly defined and manageable work items.
- Prioritize and track progress on work items and test completed deliverables to ensure effective deployment and usability.
- Creating technical documentation for Analytics tools
- Effective verbal and written communication in English.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in Data Analytics and experience in business intelligence tools like Power BI, Tableau or Looker
- Excellent knowledge of the Azure Data Factory tool set.
- Experience with data preparation, data validation and data quality projects
- Experience writing performant, effective SQL with SQLServer or MySQL databases
- Portfolio of high impact data visualization work
- Knowledge of SSRS, DAX and SSIS family of technologies related to Power BI
- Experience with SSIS and other data transformation tools
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with a broad base of knowledge in the areas of technology and communications
- Proficiency with tools like Azure DevOps or JIRA
- Experience working in an agile software development team.
- Experience in an early-stage start up or proven track record operating in earliest stages of a product.
- Active Listener
- Builds Relationships
- Scrum Values
- Data driven
- Design sensibility
- Follows Processes
- Time Management
- Meets Commitments
The ideal candidate:
- You thrive equally in strategy and execution. You are inventive and resourceful and can turn your ideas quickly into implementations. We move fast, but we are smart about it.
- You are entrepreneurial at heart, but methodical in your approach.
- You love to learn about your craft and your own personal development.
- You get a rush when you’re super busy and getting a lot done. You get a super rush when your efforts land a win.
- You would rather just try a new idea than spend days talking about it.
- You believe in collaboration and enjoy adding value and getting value by engaging with every department that touches the customer experience.
- You’re probably your own toughest critic and have an internal drive to succeed and help others do the same. You never want to be the weak link, but the strongest.
- You are passionate about water and ensuring that the developed world has enough safe and secure water needed to sustain our species for generations to come.
Our Commitment To You
- We remunerate you well with competitive salary and benefits for your market. Our thesis is in order to operate at your best you can't be worrying about your quality of life at home.
- We commit that you have an opportunity to use your talents to leave a factual lasting legacy for our species for generations to come.
- By working with a Y Combinator market leading company, we commit that you have an opportunity to challenge yourself to be the best you can be.
- We commit to give you the opportunity to work in a team that understands life is far too important to take seriously. Obviously, we are doing a crucial job but we have fun while doing it.
- We commit to giving you the opportunity to work with a group of people that value honesty and audaciousness, that stand up straight & stick together no matter what and aspire to be the difference between good and great.
- We commit to doing our best to make you successful. The leaders sense of purpose is to help you to be the best version of yourself. We achieve this with fearless feedback, focus on growth and transparency.