AIT Team Lead
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Kepler is on an audacious mission: to bring the internet to space. Founded in 2015, our ambition is to provide internet connectivity in space, whether in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 23 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team!
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic AIT Manager to lead and manage our Assembly, Integration, and Testing (AIT) team. As the AIT Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the AIT activities, including the integration and testing of electrical and mechanical systems, to ensure the successful development and deployment of our spacecraft.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of Electrical & Functional AIT Engineers and Mechanical AIT Engineers.
- Assign tasks, set performance expectations, and provide guidance to team members.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment, promoting knowledge sharing and professional development.
- Develop overall AIT strategies, methodologies, and schedules in coordination with the project management team and systems engineering team.
- Create detailed AIT flows, plans and test matrices for the different phases of the project.
- Identify resource needs, including personnel, equipment, facilities, and budget, to support AIT activities.
- Collaborate with spacecraft designers, system engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure seamless integration of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Coordinate AIT activities with other teams, such as software development, mission operations, and quality assurance, to meet project milestones and objectives.
- Participate in project meetings, design reviews, and technical discussions to provide AIT expertise and contribute to project decision-making.
- Identify potential risks and challenges associated with AIT activities and develop mitigation strategies.
- Proactively address issues and obstacles that arise during the AIT process, working closely with the AIT team and other relevant parties.
- Foster a problem-solving culture, encouraging innovative and efficient solutions to overcome technical or operational challenges.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, best practices, and quality assurance processes throughout the AIT activities.
- Implement and maintain proper configuration management and documentation practices.
- Conduct regular inspections to verify compliance and identify areas for improvement.
- Generate regular status updates, and technical documentation related to AIT activities.
- Provide clear and concise communication to project stakeholders, highlighting achievements, challenges, and recommendations.
- Maintain accurate records of AIT processes, test results, logbooks and lessons learned for future reference.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in AIT technologies, tools, and techniques.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, efficiency gains, and cost optimization in AIT operations.
- Drive the implementation of new AIT methodologies and technologies to enhance overall productivity and effectiveness.
1. Team Leadership and Management:
2. AIT Strategy and Planning:
3. Project Coordination and Collaboration:
4. Risk Management and Problem Resolution:
5. Quality Assurance and Compliance:
6. Reporting and Documentation:
7. Continuous Improvement:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Proven leadership and management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a multidisciplinary team.
- In-depth knowledge of AIT methodologies, industry standards, and best practices.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, scheduling, and resource allocation.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a proactive approach to risk management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Familiarity with relevant engineering software tools and systems.
- Able to work shifts when required.
- Extensive experience in spacecraft assembly, integration, and testing, with a strong focus on electrical and mechanical systems.
- Experience in the space industry or aerospace sector.
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.