Senior Product Manager
Europe · North America
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Kepler is on a Mission to bring the internet to space. Incorporated in 2015, Kepler’s guiding star is to enable the space economy through the creation of a communication network in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) that will provide connectivity services to other space missions, be they on orbit in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 21 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team! Based out of our HQ in Toronto and with an office in the UK and a newly formed office in the US we are building towards a truly global company delivering a product for the whole world.
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager to drive the development of Kepler’s products and services, from inception to market. You will be responsible for spearheading either our Optical Service or our High-Speed Downlink Service, its vision, product strategy and roadmap.
Working closely with the Technical Lead (TL) and the Project Manager, you will prioritize features based on customer insight and market intelligence, and then support the Sales & Marketing teams to successfully position the service in the market and build a compelling story that clearly articulates the products' value prop.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience in product management, preferably in a B2B context, with a track record of successfully managing products from inception to market.
- Familiarity with the technology or industry relevant to the product, such as Optical Service or High-Speed Downlink Service.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams, as well as mentoring junior team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts to diverse audiences and effectively engage with stakeholders at various levels.
- Experience drawing insights from customer feedback, market research, and performance data.
- Experience managing projects, budgets, and resources, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability to travel to customer sites and attend industry conferences as needed.
- Ability to develop and execute long-term product strategies that align with company goals and market trends.
- Develop product vision and strategy: Create a long-term vision and strategy for the assigned service, aligning with company goals and market trends.
- Define product roadmap: Develop and maintain a detailed product roadmap, outlining the features, timelines, and milestones to achieve the product vision.
- Customer and market analysis: Conduct research and gather customer feedback to identify needs, pain points, and opportunities within the target market. This may involve traveling to customer sites and attending industry conferences to engage directly with customers and stay informed about market trends.
- Prioritize product features: Balance customer needs, business requirements, and technical constraints to prioritize features for development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Work closely with technical leads, project managers, engineers, and QA teams to ensure successful product development and implementation.
- Stakeholder communication: Regularly update and engage with internal and external stakeholders, providing clear information on product progress, performance, and plans.
- Support BD, sales and marketing: Assist in developing go-to-market strategies, positioning, and messaging to effectively communicate the product's value proposition.
- Monitor product performance: Establish and track key performance metrics to evaluate product success, identify areas for improvement, and drive continuous optimization.
- Competitor and market analysis: Stay up to date with market trends, competitor offerings, and emerging technologies to inform product strategy and maintain a competitive edge.
- Process improvement: Continuously assess and refine product development processes and methodologies to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Mentor and guide team members: Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to junior product managers and other team members to foster growth and development.
- Manage resources and budget: Ensure that product development efforts remain within budget and that resources are allocated effectively to achieve product goals.
- Risk assessment and mitigation: Identify potential risks related to product development and devise strategies to mitigate their impact.
- Compliance and industry standards: Ensure that product development adheres to relevant industry standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Experience seeing a company bring a product to market for the first time.
- Experience seeing a company run a post-product market fit.
- Experience with RF or Optical Communications for the Space & Satellite industry.
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
See more open positions at Kepler Communications
Something looks off?